Menu
SRainsbury
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ref 2001

Nothing from the V+ button has worked since Wednesday, we just get an error "Ref 2001". I saw there were faults in our area so left it but now I don't think its the same thing.

I have called customer services, and first time they ran tests, couldn't find a problem so put me on hold for about 10 minutes then dropped the line.

I rang again and this time they found a fault and told me to reboot and wait. I did this and the fault is still there.

I am loathed to waste more time, especially as we have a new TiVo box waiting to be connected. I was going to fit it tonight but don't want to do that when there might be a fault somewhere.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ref 2001

The 2001 error "loss of V+ services" is usually caused by a fault with the hard disk in the box. It will continue to work with live channels, but the recording functions will not work, nor will the box go into standby. I have no doubt all CS have done is sent an account refresh to the box, which will have no effect if the box is faulty, As you have a box waiting to go in I would get on & swap it.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Nube_Lube
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Its because the "codes" have been changed to work with a tivo box. Will not work with + box

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey Nube_Lube

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you've been experiencing, just checking in to see if you've been able to connect the TiVo and how that's working? 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos