Menu
Steph86
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Reducing my bill?

Hi,

I am needing to reduce my monthly bill, but I am currently on the Big Easy Bundle (£46 a month) which I believe is the cheapest?

Do you know if I can either cut out the phone line as I never use it and how much that would save me ? Or if I asked to cut off the TV and just have the broadband and phone if you can't stop the phone?

Alternatively I may just have to cancel it all and just keep broadband.

My TV is always slow as well...if I click the home button or my shows it takes ages to open. It also freezes sometimes so if i I have to enter my pin I have to press each button about 8 times for each number to register (it's not the batteries I keep changing them all the time because of it!). The phone I think I've made 1 call on in the last year and a half.

I tried to do this on the chat but it didn't work. I tried to ring but it was taking forever to get through.

Has anyone managed to have their bill reduced ? Or cut out certain parts of the package to save money ?

Steph
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Reducing my bill?

To be perfectly blunt, your not going to get your bill reduced much by changing package.

If you are out of contract you may be able to get a discount by talking to retention's- 150,   options 1,4,5, during UK office hours.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Steph86 wrote:
Hi,

I am needing to reduce my monthly bill, but I am currently on the Big Easy Bundle (£46 a month) which I believe is the cheapest?

Do you know if I can either cut out the phone line as I never use it and how much that would save me ? Or if I asked to cut off the TV and just have the broadband and phone if you can't stop the phone?

My TV is always slow as well...if I click the home button or my shows it takes ages to open. It also freezes sometimes so if i I have to enter my pin I have to press each button about 8 times for each number to register (it's not the batteries I keep changing them all the time because of it!). The phone I think I've made 1 call on in the last year and a half.

I tried to do this on the chat but it didn't work. I tried to ring but it was taking forever to get through.

Has anyone managed to have their bill reduced ? Or cut out certain parts of the package to save money ?

Steph

Big Easy is (or rather was) a starter bundle anyway, so you are not really looking at any savings by trimming it:

1) You mention dropping the landline. This component alone attracts the biggest discount, so removing it will increase the price of your Broadband.

2) You mentioned dropping TV. Big Easy TV component is M TV which is Free with a Landline, so you are not paying for it anyway. You also cannot keep it without a Landline on the account, so to drop one you must drop the other. This puts you on standalone Broadband which is even less discounted.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

To be perfectly blunt, your not going to get your bill reduced much by changing package.

If you are out of contract you may be able to get a discount by talking to retention's- 150,   options 1,4,5, during UK office hours.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Steph86 wrote:
Hi,

Steph

Big Easy is (or rather was) a starter bundle anyway, so you are not really looking at any savings by trimming it:

1) You mention dropping the landline. This component alone attracts the biggest discount, so removing it will increase the price of your Broadband.

2) You mentioned dropping TV. Big Easy TV component is M TV which is Free with a Landline, so you are not paying for it anyway. You also cannot keep it without a Landline on the account, so to drop one you must drop the other. This puts you on standalone Broadband which is even less discounted.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Buffer6
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@ Steph86 The cheapest bundle without TV is https://tinyurl.com/hstts75   50mbps broadband plus phone @ £32 per month would save you £14 per month for a year.  If you can get freeview in your area you can get about 100 TV channels plus 40 radio stations channels and with suitable equipment 13 channels are in HD.