Menu
calimero
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Red button picture quality - Sky & BT Sports

Just got Virgin having previously been with Sky.  

Only real issue I've experienced has been with the picture quality on red button for BT Sports (Champions League) and Sky Sports (Euro 2016), which is dreadful compared to equivalent on Sky platform.  

On Sky, red button games were largely transmitted in SD but picture quality was always as it would be on a general SD channel.  On Virgin, it's far worse.  Tried to watch part of the Italy v Malta game the other night and it was like watching a dodgy internet stream.  Cynic in me thinks it may be down to Sky and BT providing VM with sub-standard transmission quality but would be good to know.

Just wondered if anyone has had any contact with Virgin on this issue?  Tried to get an answer via chat and the guy clearly didn't have a clue what I was on about!

Grateful for any views!  Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Red button picture quality - Sky & BT Sports

Hi calimero,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that the picture quality doesn't appear to be as good as it should.  I will be happy to help check this out for you.

I have connected to your box remotely to check for any potential signal/power level issues and all looks great from here.

How are things looking this side of the week end?

If you are continuing to experience a poor picture, let me know.

I'm here to help if you need me.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos