Menu
mofos85
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Red Button

I am returning to Virigin but have been told by Sky that the red button facility for sports will no longer be available to me, Virgin say it will. Clarification if anyone can. Thanks

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
vircom
Well-informed
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Red Button

Just checked and there is a red button option on my Sky Sports channels. Right now it just brings up a Sky message stating that there is no red button content available at this time. I also vaguely remember watching via the red button in the past. I would need to try when there was something available before giving a definite answer. Perhaps others who have tried more recently will comment.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Sky Sports Red Button services are available, as is BT Sport Red Button.

However as with the BBC, there may be differences in how this works on Virgin Media compared with Sky.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
vircom
Well-informed
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Give this thread a bump at the end of the week as a reminder to check.
vircom
Well-informed
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

No problem, glad to help.
It is always preferable to double check anything you are told by sales reps from any company. While I am sure most are completely honest and helpful, some are not always fully informed about competitors products and others can be swayed by the need to meet targets.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Virgin carry the Red Button+ and the BBC Sports app. This means that you still have the option of extra content from the BBC for Sports, however as I'm not sure what Sky currently carry, the content may be different

This tells you what you can get from BBC Sport on TiVo or V6 - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/27047614
0 Kudos
vircom
Well-informed
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Just checked and there is a red button option on my Sky Sports channels. Right now it just brings up a Sky message stating that there is no red button content available at this time. I also vaguely remember watching via the red button in the past. I would need to try when there was something available before giving a definite answer. Perhaps others who have tried more recently will comment.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Sky Sports Red Button services are available, as is BT Sport Red Button.

However as with the BBC, there may be differences in how this works on Virgin Media compared with Sky.
mofos85
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the response. There should be several screens available at the end of the week when the tennis is on in Florida so if you can access them I would welcome a reply.

0 Kudos
vircom
Well-informed
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Give this thread a bump at the end of the week as a reminder to check.
mofos85
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Sorry, this must be an age thing, by " bump" do you mean I should ask the question again!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
vircom
Well-informed
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Okay, there is live tennis currently showing on Sky Sport 2. I have checked the red button and this gives the choice of multiple matches all of which can be selected and viewed successfully. I have tried this on both me Tivo and V+ boxes with the same successful result. I cannot comment on the latest V6 box but have no reason to think it would be any difference as it runs the same system as my old Tivo.

Make sure you get the new V6 box as part of your package as the old Tivo is pants since the last software update. Runs like a snail doesn't. You should also have a 14 day cooling off period so make sure you check everything is okay during that time including TV operation, catch up TV and Broadband speed especially in the evening.

Edit: Bump not required now as I have checked as above and red button works. By bump I meant add a new post on the date required to bring the thread back to the top of the forum.
mofos85
Tuning in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you so much for all your help. I was getting confusing answers from Sky and Virgin Media and didn't want to be making the wropng choice.

0 Kudos
vircom
Well-informed
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

No problem, glad to help.
It is always preferable to double check anything you are told by sales reps from any company. While I am sure most are completely honest and helpful, some are not always fully informed about competitors products and others can be swayed by the need to meet targets.