Menu
Pyr0fl4m3
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Recovering Aerial Connection post VM

Last year I moved into a new build flat which I was told was 'VM ready' so out of ease I cancelled Sky and moved over to VM broadband. When it came round to the install, the VM engineer said that the 'VM Plate' was missing from the wall and would therefore need to use the only working Aerial outlet for the virgin cable. This didn't seem to be an issue initially as I infrequently watched freeview but a year on I have bought a 4K TV which is all singing/dancing but I'm unable to use most of the features as the Aerial connection is being taken up by the VM outlet. I have had no issues with VM Fibre since I had it installed but this is a deal breaker now. Should I chose to leave Virgin, would they replace my aerial OR better yet enable me to use both VM broadband and my aerial again?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Recovering Aerial Connection post VM

If you need to use both an Aerial & Virgin, & the relevant access plates are missing this is ultimately the landlord's responsibility to put right. In flats with communal systems (unlike with single properties), Virgin does not own the internal wiring within the building. So it is not their responsibility to make any changes to it. Strictly speaking even the change the Virgin engineer made is not normal practice. My advice is to take this up with the landlord (or whoever is responsible for maintaining the hardware infrastructure in the building).

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Pyr0fl4m3
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Recovering Aerial Connection post VM

Hey, thanks for your reply.

I spoke with VM last night and they said the area manager will be in contact. The issue is mainly that they've shut off all aerial connection not that they removed the socket (the aerial wire is still present but not providing a signal). I just wasn't sure if this was common practice or a mistake by the engineer? Either way after searching online thoroughly I can't see anyone with similar issues even dating back to NTL days!
0 Kudos