Menu
howard59
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Recordings

I'm I being ripped off? I have just down graded my TV package and have lost some channels, the switch over to my new package was 22nd March, now I had recorded some shows from channels I now no longer have with my new package. Virgin won't let me play these recordings because I no longer  subscribe to these channel, but I had recorded them when I was paying for them, this feels totally wrong to me and a rip off. I would love to know if anybody else has experienced this.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
shanematthews
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Recordings

howard59 wrote:

I'm I being ripped off? I have just down graded my TV package and have lost some channels, the switch over to my new package was 22nd March, now I had recorded some shows from channels I now no longer have with my new package. Virgin won't let me play these recordings because I no longer  subscribe to these channel, but I had recorded them when I was paying for them, this feels totally wrong to me and a rip off. I would love to know if anybody else has experienced this.

The box likely only checks if you have a current subscription to the channel before allowing you to access the content, thats fairly usual DRM really, not an ideal scenario but thats likely the case

0 Kudos

All Replies
shanematthews
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

howard59 wrote:

The box likely only checks if you have a current subscription to the channel before allowing you to access the content, thats fairly usual DRM really, not an ideal scenario but thats likely the case

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

If you're talking about the Sky channel recordings then it's correct you can't watch them when the channel they're from aren't in your current subscription.

This is a requirement from Sky as part of the agreement that enables the channels to be on Virgin Media.

I also believe the same thing happens for Sky's own customers.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own