Menu
Fooey73
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Recordings

Hi folks,

Last night as I was going bed I noticed there were 2 red lights indicating the TiVo box was recording 2 things. I checked to see what they were as I hadn't programmed it to record anything anywhere near there. The 2 things were from the suggestion folder. I left it until the following morning to see how it panned out. When I checked the next day it seems like it had recorded them n then deleted them as they were in the 'recorded mishaps' folder. Is this normal? And what if I'd set the TiVo to record a few things of my own at that late time. Would there have been a clash of recordings and I would have missed out? Getting a bit confused by how intricate this all is as I've come from Sky and its many a one button job. 

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Recordings

Hi Fooey73,

Welcome to the community!

The suggested recordings are set as the lowest priority on the TiVo®. That means if something you've set to record clashes with a Suggestion, your recording will take priority and the Suggestion will get cancelled.

You can also disable Suggestions by going to Home, Helps and Setting, Settings, Recordings then Suggestions.

Hope this helps! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

Fooey73
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Josh but I've sorted it now as I googled it a bit and got the same answer that you gave me but thanks anyway. I've stopped it recording any suggestions and I've also tailored the series link a bit as well because when I had both of these features on they seem to wanted to record anything and everything (and Ive not got enough hours in the day to watch all that haha). Either way I've got my box in the way I want it to now and it seems to be behaving itself......for now lol. 

Thanks again mate. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Fooey73,

That's great! Thanks for updating me with your progress.

Keep an eye on it and give me a shout if you need anything else.

All the best Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos