Menu
Turak64
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Recordings randomly deleted

Just noticed that my Tivo box had deleted some of my recordings. I was running at around 60-70% and today it has dropped down to 33%. I've checked my deleted list but I can't see them their either. Just wondering how and when TiVo decides to delete showings? Pretty upset as it has deleted two films I wanted to see.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
nsks4
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Recordings randomly deleted

It starts to do this if your drive gets full and your have series links set up. If it's a series link programme you can go into manage my recordings and series links and change the series link to 'keep until I delete' in the options and settings. For one off programmes you have to select it and go to more programme options then change to 'keep until delete'. I have to do this for every one off recording when my drive gets to 70%. Haven't found a way to do this globally for all recordings unless someone else know a way and can post instructions.

You deleted TV may still be in the deleted section on TIVO for about a week. You may be able to restore it.

0 Kudos
Turak64
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I did mention I checked my deleted list and they weren't in there either. I still had 30% free so it shouldn't have deleted them yet.

0 Kudos
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It's a known bug that has been around for years now. Still not fixed. The official Virgin response is don't get close to filling your box and try to reboot your box once a week.
If you look in the Tivo forum in particular there are many posts like yours with stuff being deleted for no reason.
Turak64
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I do love the tivo box, but it's not without its faults. Would like to see a newer version released that was faster and didn't randomly delete recordings!
0 Kudos