Menu
butler1233
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Recordings keep missing the start

Hi All,

All of my recordings over the last few days have started varying amounts of time in. Yesterday I had a 65 minute show start recording 29 minutes in, so it's obviously nothing to do with padding.

Is anybody else having similar issues? Or knows how to solve them?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Recordings keep missing the start

Hi Butler,

Thank you for coming in and posting for the first time, welcome into the Community.

I'm sorry that there's been some hiccups on the recordings here, this isn't something to do with padding but this could be something to do with any live TV shows that have occurred.

Can you tell me what channel you're seeing this on or is this over different channels also?

Thank you and speak to you soon.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
butler1233
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben,

I've had issues with it on multiple channels, and with live and not-live recordings, at various times of day.

Recent examples are

Sky Living HD - The Catch (Started 3 mins in)

Channel 4 HD - The Last Leg (Live, started 29 minutes in)

E4 - The IT Crowd (Started 1 minute in, recorded as suggestion)

There are plenty of others, but these are ones I actually wanted to watch. I've noticed that the box doesn't seem to be waking itself up properly (Or in the case of The Last Leg, didn't start recording until I woke the box up to watch it from the start just before half past. Also the new UI update has made screen changes (Like Home to guide) roughly 4 times slower than they used to be.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Butler123 Smiley Happy

Thanks for getting back to me, we seem to be getting closer to the issue. I can see the padding is working on The Catch and The IT Crowd so that is good. I do have my suspicions but would need this to be followed:-

Go into the TiVo recording settings and turn off power saving settings, set some channels to record some shows in the evening and afternoon, say 3 for each. The most important thing here is to keep the TiVo on during the entire time and let me know what happens.

Speak to you soon Smiley Happy

Ben

0 Kudos
butler1233
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben,

It seems to still be randomly missing different times on them. It missed 37 minutes of the catch this week, but everything else we wanted to record was fine.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hey again Butler1233,

Thank you for coming back and letting me know how things have been.

I would like to know if you've been able to take a look at the power saving settings and make sure they are turned off?

Thank you for your on going communication and speak to you soon.

Ben

0 Kudos
butler1233
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi again Ben,

Sorry about the slow reply.

After changing the power settings, it seems to have stopped. I will have to check though because we havn't had many records to watch recently. However, turning off power saving features shouldn't really be the solution, unless a sneaky update came in recently and killed it's ability to wake up properly.

On an unrelated note, I just got a new 4K tv. Any idea on when new 4K capable boxes and content will be coming?

Thanks,

Lee/Butler1233

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hey Lee/Butler1233,

Thank you for coming back and trying that out.

I'm glad that that has temporarily sorted the recordings hiccup clear happening. This isn't something that I can comment on but I have seen in my own work recently of some increase of issues relating to power saving and recordings. Whilst there is nothing confirmed, it's something that I will highlight and keep an eye on to see where it comes off.

As for the 4K content and any equipment supporting this, I'm afraid I haven't any information to give you, if I know I would Smiley Happy

I hope that the recordings aren't interrupted in the meantime and anything you need please let me know.

Ben

0 Kudos