Menu
Mal26
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Recording

Every time I set a recording , the moment the recording is about to start I receive an on-screen message asking me if I want to change to the channel which I want to record or if I want to stay on the channel which I am watching and cancel the recording ! That defeats the whole object of watching one channel while I record another . Any ideas ?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Recording

That happens when all tuners are busy recording something.

0 Kudos
Mal26
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your response . This may happen with all Virgin recordings but it hadn't used to happen with Sky .  The main problem with this on-screen question is it needs a third option "or would you like to continue viewing the channel that you are currently watching while I (Virgin) do as asked and record the requested channel" . As it stands I have to choose one of the two options , neither of which I want , and then check a little later that it is recording as I require . What a pfaff ! Surely Virgin have had plenty of moans about this and could do something about it ?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

This certainly doesn't happen all the time. It only happens when TiVo needs the third tuner that you are using for live TV to record something that you asked to have recorded.

The most likely cause is you have suggestions set to on or you have series links set with before and after buffering.

Both of these can be removed and you are less likely to see the issue you are seeing.

0 Kudos