Menu
Jewel1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Recording on HD Box

Hi, can someone confirm if you can record programmes on the V HD box? Currently cannot view anything on my video recorder. According to the instructions if TV not HD ready you can connect scart equipment between your video recorder and tv, switch to AV input and record programmes. Virgin staff cannot assist. Thanks

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Recording on HD Box

Your recorder has two SCART connections. The outer of these is AV1 and you should connect one of the SCART cables from this socket to the SCART IN socket of your TV. The inner is AV2. This socket should be used to connect the other SCART cable to the SCART OUT socket on the V HD.

You should then be able to record to your recorder in real time from the V HD. Press record on the recorder when you are watching what you want to record.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The real question is whether your recorder has a SCART IN to accept input from the V HD or whether it can only record from its own internal (Freeview) tuner.

What is your recorder's make and model?

0 Kudos
Jewel1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi, My video recorder is Panasonic DMR EX99V. Currently, I now have two 'redundant' scart leads that were originally in the back of old virgin box. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Your recorder has two SCART connections. The outer of these is AV1 and you should connect one of the SCART cables from this socket to the SCART IN socket of your TV. The inner is AV2. This socket should be used to connect the other SCART cable to the SCART OUT socket on the V HD.

You should then be able to record to your recorder in real time from the V HD. Press record on the recorder when you are watching what you want to record.

0 Kudos
Jewel1
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for this. If I can just confirm something. From the previous connection.There is already a scart lead in one of the sockets of the video recorder. I think it's from tv. (AV1) Should I remove it?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If there's already a cable in AV1, it should be connected to your TV.

0 Kudos
Jewel1
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. Yes it looks like the cable is from tv to video recorder.

0 Kudos