Menu
Tinaferry
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Recording a show

I only want to record every episode of one show but it keeps giving me suggestions and records shows I don't want to record". I do think want the series option. I just want to record a show every week.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Recording a show

Hi there Tinaferry, 

Firstly I'd like to welcome you to the forums and say that I'm really sorry to hear that you're having some difficulty getting your TiVo to record a series.

To start with, we need to take a look at the default recording options, so on your remote control go through the following screens

HOME> HELP AND SETTINGS> SETTINGS> RECORDINGS> DEFAULT RECORDING OPTIONS

On this screen you'll need to set the "Record" option to New Only.  This will mean that when ever you set up a series link, your TiVo® will only record new shows from that series. 

When you are browsing through the guide, if you click on record when looking at a show, you'll get a message giving you the option to Record, or Get a Series link. If you select the series link option, your TiVo® will now record all new shows from this series on this channel. 

You may also want to look at the "Suggestions" feature, as this could be recording shows that the TiVo® believes you may be interested in. You are able to disable this feature if you wish. On your remote go to 

HOME> HELP AND SETTINGS> SETTINGS> RECORDINGS> SUGGESTIONS

Should you need any further help on this, please do not hesitate to ask. 

Many thanks

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos