Menu
delilah
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Really Virgin Really!!!!! 4 Days For An Engineer!

My V+ box has decided to freeze, you have to click up or down a channel to get it going again.  This is happening every 10 minutes!!!!

Phone up check service engineer has to come out (no doubt to just replace the box yet again. I have had nothing but problems with boxes for months now).  Wednesday 7th December!!!  This is Sunday 4th so I have to keep trying to get channels to work for 4 days!!!

As usual oh we will give you a discount because of the wait, which is never ever applied to my bill!

No care for existing customers, more interested installing for new customers.Woman Frustrated

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Really Virgin Really!!!!! 4 Days For An Engineer!

Hello delilah,

I'm really sorry to hear about this! 

I have located your account to check on the box and the signals are looking good at the moment.

I can see that you've said it seems to have resolved itself but please let me know if you're still experiencing any problems since your post.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yep. Engineers have to do installs as well as fault callouts, & at this time of the year there is usually a backlog. If you get a refund for this you are lucky, as refunds are only usually offered should a box swap fail to fix the issue.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
delilah
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have had two different call centre staff insist, "of course we will not charge you for the days it takes the engineer to come."    It of course has never ever happened.  I pulled the guy yesterday about the promise which never happened.  He said he would go back over the call record and check it out.  Not holding my breath.

The good news is whatever the problem it settled down and back to normal again.   I always ask about faults in the area first?    But Virgin just don't seem to be on top of that, all I read in Is There A Fault In Your Area?  Is things days old.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello delilah,

I'm really sorry to hear about this! 

I have located your account to check on the box and the signals are looking good at the moment.

I can see that you've said it seems to have resolved itself but please let me know if you're still experiencing any problems since your post.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

delilah
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you.

Fingers crossed it has settled down.   But it would be so helpful if you did have book an engineer online feature.   Customers know to unplug the box and wait anyway, the recorded statement before even getting through the call centre.  The the centre staff want you to do it again!