Menu
Concrete1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re-activate old box

Hello,
The service is down at a property we manage as the box has gone missing when renovations have taken place.
We have another box from my personal home which worked but it was upgraded for another box and now no longer works. Is there a way of getting this box to work again so I can use it at the other property?
Many thanks in advance,
Gaynor
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Re-activate old box

Simply no. VM will not activate it. Report the loss to VM.  The lost box is their property not yours. Your household insurance may cover the loss for you. You will be charged for a replacement.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Simply no. VM will not activate it. Report the loss to VM.  The lost box is their property not yours. Your household insurance may cover the loss for you. You will be charged for a replacement.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
Concrete1
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help Smiley Happy
Best, G
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

you may not be charged for a replacement - a call to retentions explaining what has happened will get you a new hub - see what they say

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - you are thinking of leaving us - dont worry about that they do much more - open 'till 8pm - 6pm on saturdays - closed sunday and the plus is its a UK call centre

Tony
0 Kudos