Menu
chrismm
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Random pixelation

As the heading says -Random Pixelation. I reported this as a problem in the GU2 area more than several weeks ago and had a new TV box supplied . The pixelation seemed to stop or at least was less noticeable. This random pixelation has returned. It only started when the new faster broadband upgrades were introduced before Christmas. This is so random its more of a damn annoyance that should not occur, so hopefully as it it seems to be an area problem I don't need to take time off work again not to have it sorted.

Chris

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Random pixelation

chrismm wrote:

As the heading says -Random Pixelation. I reported this as a problem in the GU2 area more than several weeks ago and had a new TV box supplied . The pixelation seemed to stop or at least was less noticeable. This random pixelation has returned. It only started when the new faster broadband upgrades were introduced before Christmas. This is so random its more of a damn annoyance that should not occur, so hopefully as it it seems to be an area problem I don't need to take time off work again not to have it sorted.

Chris

Interesting that you should say that it started with the introduction of faster broadband in your area. I had the same problem and I had also noticed that it seemed to coincide with the introduction of faster speeds in my area just before Christmas. 

An engineer visited and made a slight adjustment to my signal level and the pixellation has gone. I questioned him about the timing re the broadband upgrades and he was sceptical but I find it interesting to see you post about a similar scenario.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi chrismm,

Thanks for coming by Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're getting random picture problems.  I'll be happy to look into this for you.

I have connected to your box remotely and there is a signal level problem that needs fixing.  It will require an engineer to call round and amend for you.  I will be happy to arrange this for you, all the details will be in a private message I'll send to you now.

Look for the envelope icon above.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
chrismm
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Engineer arrived this morning 20/2/2016.  Checked signal levels which again were within spec. So basically another wasted episode. However he did agree with me that it is a problem in the GU1 AND GU2 areas and he has seen it for some time probably since the last broadband speed upgrade which is what I have been saying since prior to Christmas. This last week the pixalation problem has worsened and have checked with a few neighbours who also have similar problems. So it would seem at this stage to escalate the problem to somebody who could actually sort this problem before you loose more of your customers. Also I might add the broadband that gives a speed of 150 Mbits and the sig levels are in spec does not perform as well as other providers at lower speeds. For example poor web page loading and Utube videos constant buffering. I believe the Virgin Media network is not performing as good as it should when compared to other providers. The fact that you can provide 150 Mbits does not mean that your infrastructure is working effectively with good web page retreival and video.

Regards now getting feed up and thinking of leaving.

0 Kudos
chrismm
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Update to random pixelation.

VM finely fixed a network problem this week after repeated notifications from me that this has been a problem since broadband upgrade. So far the picture has shown no signs of pixelation. 

When they get the poor web page loading and Utube problem sorted or at least as good as other providers on slower broadband speeds all will be hunkydory.

Chrismm

0 Kudos