Menu
cdphobe
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Random Tivo shutdown

Our Tivo box has recently started to shutdown and restart at random.  Appears to be a full re-boot taking a minute or more with no indication of a problem before the loss of signal (just occurred while watching a recorded programme, able to pick up programme at same place without box faltering).  Is this a known issue and is there anything I can do?

Thanks,

Al

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Random Tivo shutdown

Either you have signal issues or you have a faulty box.

Regardless the quickest way to a resolution is to ring in.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
cdphobe
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Mr Elf.  It's just happened while watching recorded content so I suspect that the signal is not the issue, but I'll give 150 a try and see what they suggest.

Al

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Could be a dying HDD then, either way it's a phonecall needed.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Al,

Thanks for your post on the Forum. I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems with your TiVo®.  It's good to see that @PrinterElf has been able to give you advice about this. Has this issue been sorted out for you?

I've been able to run testing to your TiVo® in order to check the signal levels and hard-drive status and everything looks good at the moment. If you are still having problems with the box randomly rebooting or with your recordings, please let me know.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
cdphobe
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Terri

Hi, and thanks for the post.  The box seems to have been stable for the last week or two so no further action taken yet.  Do I need to wait until this happens at a certain frequency or shall I simply call and request a new box anyway?

Al

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us about this Al,

Great to hear that things have improved for you.

You can, of course, contact us should you continue to experience any further issues.

I've double checked the equipment levels and all is looking to be spot on at the moment.

Hopefully, things will continue to run smoothly for you.

Take care,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos