Menu
jerict1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Random Pixellation

I have a 46 inch LG television and since I changed to Virgin I get a block of pixellation appear for a second then it disappears and comes back a couple of minutes later

It can happen on any channel / programme and throughout the day.

I did not have this with my previous supplier - Sky - and it does not occur if I change the TV to Freeview

I have reset the Tivo box as requested and it seemed to work for a day but it has started happening again - Any ideas ?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Random Pixellation

Hello jerict1,

Welcome to the community.

I have been able to locate your account  and run a couple of checks and the signals look okay this side so can I just confirm if all the cables are secure behind the Virgin box? This can cause break up with the picture but if everything's fine what I would like to do next is to send one of the team out to check everything over.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
jerict1
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rose

Cables all seem to be fine - when the engineer comes will he also be able to check why navigating the Tivo box is so slower than my old Sky box and why trying to use 'on demand' brings up an error message ?

Regards

Eric

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello Eric,

Thanks for getting back to me, when it comes to the TiVo® box being slow there are a couple of things you can try. 

One of the work around for this is here.

And another solution to speed things up is by going to - 

Home - Thumbs down - Thumbs up - Play - Play.

This will clear the cache of the box and help with the performance.

I'll also need to book a technician to check why your having issues with the picture so if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of your screen you will see a message waiting for you with further information.

Speak soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos