Menu
regentroad5
Dialled in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Radio programme guide - there isn't one.

If one wants to know what programmes are on in the next few hours, or the day after, or the day after that, one is faced with the same message, "No programme information"

Why can't  Virgin supply details of upcoming programmes. I love Radio 4 Extra. Tomorrow they are broadcasting an episode of  "Desert Island Discs" and "The Navy Lark". I would like to set my V+ box to record them today, but I can't.

Disappointing. 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Radio programme guide - there isn't one.

I think it is due to the lack of memory in the old boxes, Tivo has the program information

Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

regentroad5 wrote:

If one wants to know what programmes are on in the next few hours, or the day after, or the day after that, one is faced with the same message, "No programme information"

Why can't  Virgin supply details of upcoming programmes. I love Radio 4 Extra. Tomorrow they are broadcasting an episode of  "Desert Island Discs" and "The Navy Lark". I would like to set my V+ box to record them today, but I can't.

Disappointing. 

Danny is correct. The Librate middleware platform that the legacy V+ boxes run on was never meant to carry the amount of channels now available on the network. In order to make all the linear channels available to all customers it was necessary to have a compromise. This involved reducing the number of days in the EPG, & removal of the info data from the radio channels. The TiVO, which is gradually replacing the V+, carries an enhanced 14 day EPG, plus all the radio information.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I think it is due to the lack of memory in the old boxes, Tivo has the program information

Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

regentroad5 wrote:

Disappointing. 

Danny is correct. The Librate middleware platform that the legacy V+ boxes run on was never meant to carry the amount of channels now available on the network. In order to make all the linear channels available to all customers it was necessary to have a compromise. This involved reducing the number of days in the EPG, & removal of the info data from the radio channels. The TiVO, which is gradually replacing the V+, carries an enhanced 14 day EPG, plus all the radio information.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile