Menu
Siv
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Push Fit Cable Extension

Hello!

The cable supplied with my TIVO box is way to short especially because the TV is in the other room.

So, how or where do I buy these push fit cables? VM on supplies the standard length I am told by support.

I bought one of these (https://www.amazon.co.uk/WHITE-VIRGIN-MEDIA-BROADBAND-EXTENSION/dp/B007OWNACC)cables but because the splitter box is for push fit cables it does not fit in properly nor does it at the Tivo box end.

Alas I have no TV unless someone knows where I can buy these cables in something more than 1m?

Cheers

Siv 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Push Fit Cable Extension

you might have to request a engineer install to install it if its not close to the cable coming in. dont try and extend this yourself as you can effect everyone in the area if done badly
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Increasing the length of the run affects your signal levels, so you could have problems there as well. Give CS a call & book an engineer.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Siv
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

A normal F2F coaxial cable worked perfectly and no issues(it needed to be screwed in rather than pushed) with performance or connectivity. Spent £10 and problem solved.

Thanks all.

0 Kudos