Menu
Haroonbg
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Purchasing an extra V HD box.

Hello,

I wanted to purchase an extra V HD box as shown here http://store.virginmedia.com/digital-tv/set-top-boxes/multiroom.html

So I called up 150 and asked to purchase the box but they said they had to send a technician to look at all my wires and make sure everything is okay. I didn't want to pay the Installation fee as I already have everything setup and fully working and I've had a technician come in the last month to test all the Virgin media equipment incl. phone line and he said everything is okay. i told the rep that and they still said I had to pay the installation fee of £49.95 even though my equipment have been tested by both a regular technician and a higher up technician. But there is nothing they could do

is there any way Virgin Media can send the box and I still part the £6.30 monthly and they send the box without installation fee.

now most people would just say "pay the fee" but I have had all my equipment tested and what I found hard to understand when I had purchased the TiVo box they didn't charge me any installation fee and just sent the box on the box on its own with instructions on how to set it up why can't they do this again?

Also I told them that my friends have had bought the extra box and just had to pay the £6.30p/m  and they had the box sent to them, Why can't they do that for me? There reply was "No sir, That must of been by someone who had permission our computer doesn't let us do that on my end"

can an please someone explain why I cannot get the box for the monthly cost sent by post and why I have to get the installation fee

Thank you.

p.s. I already paid the £49.95 when I had my Virgin equipment installed (it's the exact same spot). All I have to do is get the box and plug it in. I always move my TiVo box from upstairs to where I want a new V HD box and it works. I even sometimes move my router there. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Purchasing an extra V HD box.

When you take out TV for the first time then the you can get one box via self install if the property meets the criteria.

However any new additional boxes whether they are going into a room where wires exist or not currently require an engineer install.

The only time you can change an additional box without an engineer and associated cost is where you are swapping an older active box for V HD or TiVo.

I do appreciate that the wires may be working, but these are the current rules for additional boxes. It is your choice as to whether to accept this or not.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Haroonbg
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello thanks BenMCR,

When did they make this rule? I must of been unlucky with timing as my friend got the extra TV box 2 months ago for self install.

They must of changed the rules since then Smiley Sad
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Haroonbg wrote:
Hello thanks BenMCR,

When did they make this rule? I must of been unlucky with timing as my friend got the extra TV box 2 months ago for self install.

They must of changed the rules since then Smiley Sad

It's always been there. Your friend is the lucky one as she should have had the attended install for the additional box with the associated cost.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos