Menu
mbibby
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Programme episode says not in package

I am trying to watch Outcast on Fox On Demand, which is included in my package. All the programmes in the series say they're available, but episode 4 says it isn't, and I have to subscribe (all others after are back to being included). How can I resolve this?
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Programme episode says not in package

Hi Mbibby,

I am sorry that the FOX content Outcast was not available, i have been into the On Demand and this should be there for you.The show was uploaded from FOX entirely so this should be in your subscription if you can view the channel FOX to start with. 

Is it still giving you this error?

Keep in touch. 

Ben 

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
mbibby
Joining in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply. The error is still there - not had any problems with Fox other than this single episode - the rest of the series is available, as we're all of the Walking Dead
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mbibby Smiley Happy

Cheers for coming back and letting me know. I think this would need to be raised up as an issue as I'm not seeing anything right now on episode 4 being unavailable.

Just to be double save I'm going to update the service in the box, if you can wait 10 minutes from my message and then reboot?

Let me know how you get on. 

Ben

0 Kudos
mbibby
Joining in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben

I wasn't around to test the episode when you messaged last, but checked again yesterday after rebooting and the issue remained - says I need to upgrade to view, while all other episodes are noted as included in my subscription.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mbibby,

Thanks for your reply Smiley Happy

It wouldn't make a difference if it was 10 minutes or 10 hours, I just needed some time for the signals to reach the box before the reboot Smiley Happy 

I have just tested the account and I can see that your services look like they aren't responding to the network. I have tested this a second time and it looks like there my be an issue all round with your services. You would need an engineer as there are no known outages located in your area.

If you can have a little look inside your Inbox, you'll see I've sent you a Private Message. You can find this at the top right of the page, purple envelope Smiley Happy

Keep in touch.

Ben

0 Kudos
plug
Joining in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I think this is bigger problem than just an individuals setting or tivo box as I am having exactly the same problem. Have no other problems with FOX on demand programmes but cannot access Outcast episode 4 and the error message says i need to upgrade my package. It would be great if this could be fixed as want to carry on with the series.

Thanks

0 Kudos
mbibby
Joining in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Glad it's not just me!
Had an engineer round yesterday - apparently there's a problem that is known where random episodes won't load properly - Virgin are trying to fix but they're a few weeks off unfortunately. The other episode mentioned was a random Hollyoaks one - no wonder I hadn't seen it elsewhere!
I do hope they fix it though - really enjoyed first opening episodes of Outcast, although I'm currently enjoying the Exorcist on Syfy...
0 Kudos
plug
Joining in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Any chance someone from Virgin could give a sense on when this will be rectified? Ben? It is frustrating when you start getting into a new series and can't move on to the next episode?

Thanks

Amelia

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mbibby Smiley Happy

Cheers for getting back to me on the visit, I'm glad that the engineer was able to come around. 

As for what the engineer mentioned, there are known issues that occur with the error 319, (the delayed process of loading content to On Demand and Catch Up). It's something that we're still working on. As an avid user of TiVo myself and experiencing the same as you mentioned, I know it can be frustrating. I have looked into this myself from here and I can say that we are making progress and the places we're seeing this occur are becoming less and less.

Keep in touch.

Ben

0 Kudos