Menu
mcd54
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Problems with replacement V+

Replacement V+ installed 12th October and worked well initially! However, it has started pixilating and the sound breaks up. If I get another replacement, I assume it will be luck if it will behave or not, since it will be a reconditioned box!

Should I be considering Tivo or not. Reading through these forums, it would seem that there`s mixed feelings regarding Tivo! Again, from the forums, I take it that a new Tivo 500GB would be installation free and a cost of £5 per month would apply.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Problems with replacement V+

mcd54 wrote:
I take it that a new Tivo 500GB would be installation free and a cost of £5 per month would apply.

Not quite. If it is a straight box swap, TiVO boxes are now available self-install for a £20 delivery charge. If you dont already have a TiVO, then this would also be a good time to phone Retentions (150 option 4 then 5) & renegotiate your package. TiVO's do add £5 to your rental if you are on a non-standard package. If you go for one of the new "Big" bundles, the TiVO charge is inclusive. It will mean accepting a contact lock in for 12 months on three services, but more than likely you will get a better deal than you currently have.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

mcd54 wrote:
I take it that a new Tivo 500GB would be installation free and a cost of £5 per month would apply.

Not quite. If it is a straight box swap, TiVO boxes are now available self-install for a £20 delivery charge. If you dont already have a TiVO, then this would also be a good time to phone Retentions (150 option 4 then 5) & renegotiate your package. TiVO's do add £5 to your rental if you are on a non-standard package. If you go for one of the new "Big" bundles, the TiVO charge is inclusive. It will mean accepting a contact lock in for 12 months on three services, but more than likely you will get a better deal than you currently have.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
mcd54
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for reply! Will probably go down the Tivo route and will phone retentions tomorrow to find out best deal.

0 Kudos
mcd54
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Have decided to hang fire with Tivo at the moment and have booked an engineer for Tuesday to look at v+ box.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there mcd54, 

I'm really sorry to hear that you've started to have some issues with the replacement V+ box, and apologies for the delay in getting to this message. 

Please let us know how everything goes with the technician today. 

Apologies again 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
mcd54
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Engineer fitted another v+ box a short while ago. He spent a fair amount of time running checks on the faulty box and checked all the connections and cables and replaced a splitter cable. He also checked the green box in the street and the little grey box on our outside wall. Since our 2 other boxes are working fine, the engineer concluded that it wasn`t a signal problem but a problem with the box, which he then replaced! He then waited to see if the problem occurred again when switching between channels. Thankfully there were no problems.

10/10 for service!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey mcd54

Excellent news, thank you for taking the time to let us know about this, I really appreciate it!

If you need any assistance with your service in the future, you know where to find us!

Take care

craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos