Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 9 (135 Views)

Problems with on demand

I am still having problems watching some on demand films getting a on demand is unavailable.
I am getting a on demand is unavailable message
This is happening on both our boxes and I was advised yesterday this would be fixed in 24 hours and I have been without this since Friday
Any suggestions
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 2 of 9 (112 Views)

Re: Problems with on demand

If you pay for the Movies, have tried trawling the Tivo Help section (as the error 407 message suggests), re-booted your system a few times, searched the self help guides on this site, checked for help in the Community section to find lots of suffering customers with this ongoing problem AND phoned Virgin / gone through the painful automated waiting for a call handler, before being told the error code "doesn't exist" AND had your system checked remotely yet all appears fine...then and only then, would it be reasonable to assume that Virgin don't care because we all pay, so ha ha customers; Richard Branson would be so proud... CAN SOMEOME FROM VIRGIN RESPOND WITH SOME HELP???
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 9 (108 Views)

I did get told an engineer woul be on to it and would remedy this within 24 hours
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9 (103 Views)

Hi Deelig, I and many others will be delighted to hear of a resolution in the next 24hours; please do update on any developments as Virgin seem incapable / unwilling to provide any response to many many others on this forum Smiley Wink
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9 (92 Views)

Same here. My service has had numerous faults and supposed fix dates that have come and gone since mid April. Utterly useless service and seriously considering going back to Sky.

I am very unhappy having to continue to pay for a service that is not fit for purpose.

I will give it another 24hrs to be 'fixed'. If not I will consider the issue to be a breach of contract.

Forum Team
Message 6 of 9 (55 Views)

Hi Deelig

Welcome to the Community, I'm sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your On Demand service. 

Are you experiencing this issue with all content providers or just some? Is this for SD and HD content? Are you experiencing this issue at certain times of the day? 

Sorry for all the questions, we want to get to the bottom of this as soon as possible. I've also tested your set top box and we're not detecting any errors. 

We're looking forward to hearing from you. 

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 7 of 9 (40 Views)

This is happening with movies on demand but not all movies just the more up to date films i.e. Jason Bourne and Independence Day. On my last contact with Virgin on Tuesday a supervisor advised it would be fixed by the 19th however it isn't. This same 'supervisor' told me I didn't pay extra fir movies on demand so could not get a refund, I asked him to check his facts which he did and had a change of mind.

All this apart I still do not have a full movies on demand - very disappointed and if not fixed soon I will be cancelling this service due to breach of contract
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 8 of 9 (33 Views)

Guess what - STILL NOT WORKING
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 9 of 9 (12 Views)

Woo hoo working
0 Kudos