Menu
PhilipC
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Problems with Virgin Remote Control

The volume and mute buttons do not seem to be working correctly, all the other buttons show a red light when pressed, but the volume and mute buttons show a green light instead and do nothing, does this mean I need to order a new remote?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Problems with Virgin Remote Control

PhilipC wrote:

The volume and mute buttons do not seem to be working correctly, all the other buttons show a red light when pressed, but the volume and mute buttons show a green light instead and do nothing, does this mean I need to order a new remote?

This is normal behaviour. The remote shows red when sending to the Virgin box, & green when sending to the TV. If the instructions are not getting through to the TV then try the TV's remote to check the TVis not at fault. If the TV's remote works then try pairing the Virgin remote with the TV again as per the instructions that were provided with it.

https://assets.virginmedia.com/help/assets/documents/remote_type12_uei_codelist.pdf

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

PhilipC wrote:

Thank you,  I had to have a new tv and didn't realise about the pairing as your engineer set up the virgin box and remote for me, only problem I have is that I seem to have mislaid the instructions, do you know where I could get them from (I have downloaded the codes for the new tv from the link you supplied)

As I am not sure which TV box you have ( & hence which remote), look at the linked page below & find the picture of your Virgin remote type. There are instructions as to how to pair each with the TV, plus a link to the remote codes table used on each remote:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Help/Set-up-Your-Virgin-Remote-Control-to-operate-the-Volume-and...

PS. I am not a Virgin employee, just another customer with a decent knowledge of VM equipment.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

PhilipC wrote:

This is normal behaviour. The remote shows red when sending to the Virgin box, & green when sending to the TV. If the instructions are not getting through to the TV then try the TV's remote to check the TVis not at fault. If the TV's remote works then try pairing the Virgin remote with the TV again as per the instructions that were provided with it.

https://assets.virginmedia.com/help/assets/documents/remote_type12_uei_codelist.pdf

0 Kudos
PhilipC
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you,  I had to have a new tv and didn't realise about the pairing as your engineer set up the virgin box and remote for me, only problem I have is that I seem to have mislaid the instructions, do you know where I could get them from (I have downloaded the codes for the new tv from the link you supplied)

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

PhilipC wrote:

As I am not sure which TV box you have ( & hence which remote), look at the linked page below & find the picture of your Virgin remote type. There are instructions as to how to pair each with the TV, plus a link to the remote codes table used on each remote:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Help/Set-up-Your-Virgin-Remote-Control-to-operate-the-Volume-and...

PS. I am not a Virgin employee, just another customer with a decent knowledge of VM equipment.

0 Kudos