Menu
Laurenmctiernan
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Problems with E4

E4 and E4+1 continuously freeze and unfreeze and stutter. They're impossible to watch basically! This has been an ongoing problem and so far turning on and off, checking connections and all the obvious moves haven't worked. Can anyone help?

Thanks!
0 Kudos
apacketofsweets
Rising star
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problems with E4

If it's been ongoing for more than a few days then you'll need a technician visit.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I work for Virgin Media, all posts here are my own views, written in my own time. My advice should not be taken as gospel, I could be wrong. Please don't PM me if you require an official VM reponse.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello Laurenmctiernan, 

First of all I would like to welcome you to the forums, and apologise for the service that you have been experiencing with E4 and E4+1.

I have been able to locate your account using your forum credentials and have run some testing.  At the moment, your set top box is showing as offline. This may be that the box is powered off at the moment. Please let me know if this is the case. And can I ask that you let me know when the box is powered on so we can get some further testing completed. 

Thanks 

Huw 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Josiebb
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I've been having the same problems but it's also been happening with other channels but E4 seems to be the worst affected. I initiated a service test but it came back saying there are no problems. 

Apart from the stutter the voices all seem to be a lot deeper as if the tapes are running a little slow.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Josiebb,

Many thanks for posting your comment here for the first time, welcome to the Community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to read about E4 and the voice and picture being slow. 

I've been trying to run some tests to all TV boxes in the home and I'd like to know fi they're all turned on?

Get back to me when you can and take care.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Josiebb,

Thank you again for coming to the Team and Community with your issue regarding E4. 

I'd just like to drop in and see if you need any additional help? Since the last time we spoke i have been able to see that the boxes are online and also that there are quite a few T3 timeouts on the TiVo. I'd like to know if you're still experiencing this issue as I'd progress to resolve this for you. 

Get back to me when you can and take care.

Ben

0 Kudos
VivienneOr
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Searched this topic and this thread popped up.  I first noted problems on my upstairs V-box especially with E4 but a few other channels have begun to freeze and have digital freezes.  Now on my TiVo last night on E4 my recording of Twilight Eclipse broke up badly during crucial action scenes.

Is it possible to test boxes remotely?   

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi VivienneOr,

Thank you for coming in and posting your comment to the Community, I can see it's been a little while since you popped in last Smiley Happy

I'm very sorry to read about the freezing on the TV, is this specifically on E4 only or whilst on other channels?

I would like to know how things are doing in the home now? I've been trying to access some of your details and so far it's proven a little difficult. I would need some additional, I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little purple envelope near the top right of the page.

Get back to me when you can.

Ben

0 Kudos