Menu
Sue21348
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Problem with V-box

When playing back recordings on our V box, the recording finishes before the programme actually finishes, which means we miss the end of the programme, which is very annoying.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Problem with V-box

Padding = extend recording time by a few minutes. You get the option to do this when you set up the recording

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi there Sue21348, 

Welcome to our forums, and I'm sorry to hear that your recording have been caught short. 

As you can see our community is fantastic at giving hints and tips, and will often help other people out before we can get to the message. 

I sure hope that you've found the answers given of help, if so please mark the one that helped you the most as a helpful answer, (It's the big red button at the bottom right of each post), this will allow future visitors who have a similar fault quickly find posts that have helped, and may fix someone else's issue without them even posting. 

Cheers and apologies once more

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Assuming the clock on the box is correct, then it's likely the broadcaster overrunning.

I can't recall if you can add padding to recordings on a V+HD box, but you certainly can on a TiVo.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes, you can add padding on V+ recordings.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Sue21348
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sorry I don't understand what you mean by add padding. How do I do this. Thanks
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Padding = extend recording time by a few minutes. You get the option to do this when you set up the recording

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

On the V+ you need to go to the recordings menu (V+ button). Select "V+ Extras", & then "Extend Recordings". This will give you the options for adding to the start & end of all programmes recorded from the guide.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi there Sue21348, 

Welcome to our forums, and I'm sorry to hear that your recording have been caught short. 

As you can see our community is fantastic at giving hints and tips, and will often help other people out before we can get to the message. 

I sure hope that you've found the answers given of help, if so please mark the one that helped you the most as a helpful answer, (It's the big red button at the bottom right of each post), this will allow future visitors who have a similar fault quickly find posts that have helped, and may fix someone else's issue without them even posting. 

Cheers and apologies once more

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Sue21348
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nodgrod. Thanks sorted it
0 Kudos