Menu
heavysoul
Dialled in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Problem with 2 V+ Boxes

I have a TiVo and two V+ boxes.

The Tivo box works fine without any issues.

I had an engineer out yesterday to my two V+ boxes as some of the channels were blocky and others I couldn't access and got error codes 3202 or 3203. Some channels - like BBC1 HD and most (not all) of the Sky Sports HD channels were absolutely fine with a good viewable picture.

The engineer tested the signal and said the V+ boxes were registering minus 9 (the TiVo was minus 1).

He checked the box down the road and said he couldn't improve my signal any further as it was already at max. He did say that the box I am connected to is quite a distance - so he said he would speak to his bosses about having a thicker cable run through - although he said this might take a couple of weeks. 

Today I can't get any channels on either V+ box! I have tried rebooting but the start up sequence seems to be getting stuck on Ld:20. I have budged things along by holding down the down button on the box - it then continues until PL:48 where it gets stuck again.

So I am unable to fully boot either V+ box!

I have phoned 150 again - but had a frustrating conversation where I had to keep explaining things and the lady I spoke from the overseas call centre just doesn't seem to understand the problem. She was going to speak with someone and phone me back. 

I haven't had that call yet - and I'm not hopeful of getting a resolution this way.

Can anyone suggest way forward as currently I have two non functioning boxes which I am paying for!!

Thanks.... 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problem with 2 V+ Boxes

If you need a repull with an RG11 drop, then Virgin will have to book a contractor to do this, as this type of work has been farmed off to third parties. It could (but hopefully wont) take a couple of weeks, as the teams that do this have to cover several cable franchise areas. If VM is aware that you have 2 boxes out of action, you should be able to claim back the rental when the job is completed.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

heavysoul
Dialled in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

nodrogd wrote:

If you need a repull with an RG11 drop, then Virgin will have to book a contractor to do this, as this type of work has been farmed off to third parties. It could (but hopefully wont) take a couple of weeks, as the teams that do this have to cover several cable franchise areas. If VM is aware that you have 2 boxes out of action, you should be able to claim back the rental when the job is completed.

Thanks nodrogd - repull taking place 21 July!

I ended up speaking with customer relations as the lady I spoke with in the overseas call centre just didn't seem to understand the problem! T

hey have given me a £10 discount off my £121 package - which is OK for now, but if the repull doesn't fully correct the problem then I will seriously consider moving to Sky. I have been with the 'company' for over 20 years - through Nynex, C&W, NTL and VM - so I have been a loyal customer - but I always break out in a cold sweat when something goes wrong as the call centre is just a nightmare!

Fingers crossed the repull works!!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

If the repull doesnt fix the problem, a powered splitter can be installed to further boost the signal, but hopefully this wont be necessary. Keep us informed as to how things go.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
heavysoul
Dialled in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

nodrogd wrote:
If the repull doesnt fix the problem, a powered splitter can be installed to further boost the signal, but hopefully this wont be necessary. Keep us informed as to how things go.

Think I might already have a powered splitter... is this it?

0 Kudos
heavysoul
Dialled in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Plus a further development. 

I was out for an hour or so this morning and have come back to this!!

I can't see anyone around that's working on this - and I was told that the repull would be on 21 July. I can't believe that someone has just left the box open and exposed like this!!

0 Kudos
heavysoul
Dialled in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hoping a moderator will spot this. I'm going away later today and not back until Wednesday. Really not happy the box being left as it is - hanging off the wall with wires/cables all over the place!!

Would also be good if they could confirm if this is my repull brought forward from 21st July???

Thanks.... 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi heavysoul,

Thanks for coming by.

I'm sorry to see that the box hasn't been left in a tidy state.  I can see you do have an appointment booked in to carry out the repair work for the box/cabling.

I'll send you further details in a private message. (Look for the envelope icon above) Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
heavysoul
Dialled in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

UPDATE:

Very impressed with the service I have received from the local engineers.

I wasn't happy with the state my box had been left - so firstly thanks to @Collette_T for passing my concerns onto the engineering team.

I then got a call from the local area manager on Monday - he had called to my property with one of his team and sorted out the connection and re-fixed the box to the wall. As he hadn't been able to gain access to my property (I was away for a few days) he asked me to check the V+ boxes when I could and then call him back to arrange for an engineer to visit to sort out the various levels as our signal was now too high with the new cable.

This I did and an engineer called yesterday to sort everything out. All now working A1 Smiley Very Happy

Out of courtesy, I text the area manager to thank him and his colleague - who had done a damn good job making sure everything was fine and changing a few connections. 

Fingers crossed I don't have to make a 150 call anytime soon (although I am thinking I'd like my old Super Hub changed for a new one Smiley Wink  )!! 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hey heavysoul

Excellent news, thanks for taking the time to let us know about this Man Happy

I'll pass your thanks onto Collette, if you need any assistance in the future you know where to find us!

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos