Menu
Ads2101
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Price increase

I have received a letter telling me that my price will rise by 3.49 yet when rang virgin media was told I won't be affected and it's and automatic letter sent out to everyone is that correct or was they trying to fob me off 

0 Kudos
Artyarty
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Price increase

I had an email today saying my oct bill was ready. When I looked at it online saw that it had gone up by £3.
Couldn't find any explanation of the increase.
Checked mailbox and have not had any email mentioning an increase.
Is this normal?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

At the bottom of the letter in the "Things to Note" section:

"If you are on a promotional offer we will honour it. Some of your increase may therefore happen at the end of your promotional offer. "

So are you on a promotional offer?  If not then they were fobbing you off, if you are then the price rise will start when your offer ends. 

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

0 Kudos
Ads2101
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

And if I don't want it rising when the promotion ends will I still be entitled to cancel
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ads2101 wrote:
And if I don't want it rising when the promotion ends will I still be entitled to cancel

You are entitled to cancel at any time, but their are usually penalties unless you are outside your minimum service period (as shown on your contract) or you leave within 30 days of receiving a price rise notification. If your current minimum service period is longer than your current promotional period you could end up paying exit fees if you choose to leave when the price eventually goes up.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Artyarty wrote:
I had an email today saying my oct bill was ready. When I looked at it online saw that it had gone up by £3.
Couldn't find any explanation of the increase.
Checked mailbox and have not had any email mentioning an increase.
Is this normal?

I wouldn't say it is normal, but sometimes people get missed when notifications are sent out or they get lost in the post.  I believe the VM T&Cs say that if you have not been notified by email or post then you have 30 days from receipt of the higher bill to leave without cancellation charges.  Best to call VM (150 or 0345 454 0000 from a non VM line) and discuss with the retentions team if you're not happy.  They are the UK based team that you get to if you take the "Thinking of leaving us" option from the automated menu.

0 Kudos