Menu
Titan50
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Price Inrease

Has anyone received the price increase for Sky Movies.  I thought if you had a contract your price was set, does anyone know any different?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Price Inrease

All providers have a clause in their T&C's that allow them to increase prices whether you are in contract or not. Its the industry norm. You have the right to cancel without penalty if you are not happy with the increases.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

All providers have a clause in their T&C's that allow them to increase prices whether you are in contract or not. Its the industry norm. You have the right to cancel without penalty if you are not happy with the increases.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Titan50
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for reply T&C's a pain

0 Kudos
anthony4
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I am generally happy with VM and have just negotiated another years contract (paying £183 for a telephone line I hardly use!)-the advisor explained to me that my Sports prices may go up "mid-term"-surely this may be "the industry norm" but a contract is a contract-VM get the certainty of a 12 month commitment and I know what my payments are-just signed a one year fixed energy deal-those prices do NOT go up mid term.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

anthony4 wrote:

I am generally happy with VM and have just negotiated another years contract (paying £183 for a telephone line I hardly use!)-the advisor explained to me that my Sports prices may go up "mid-term"-surely this may be "the industry norm" but a contract is a contract-VM get the certainty of a 12 month commitment and I know what my payments are-just signed a one year fixed energy deal-those prices do NOT go up mid term.

...but your contract is being kept to. It explains clearly that they can increase prices and you can leave. No provider of TV offer a fixed price deal, except Freeview, Freesat.

0 Kudos
anthony4
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks superuser-still think that it would help retain customers if they kept to the monthly figure in the  contract and then adjusted on renewal-obviously sport and soccer in particular is the issue-players have a contract and even if they produce unwatchable dross over the season, like Villa and some other teams I cannot see them getting THEIR contract reduced mid-term.

0 Kudos