Menu
zeinsalie
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Price Increase February 2016

It's happening again, and I'm still here. My bill goes up not sure how much longer I can survive like this.

Quote from Virgin Media - "We know it's never nice when prices go up. That's why we're always looking to give you an even better Virgin Media experience – with faster broadband speeds for our customers, more unmissable TV shows, and the best ways to watch them all."

Increased Broadband and extra Channel (Fox TV) I don't watch.
Sky1 and Sky Living are the main channels I view and Film 4.

I am trying to budget and noticed that just having Broadband service works out more expensive than having TV, Phone (+Line Rental) & Broadband Bundle.
It's becoming expensive each year with the price increase and even being a loyal customer for over 20yrs makes no difference.

Virgins Value Statement - "...here is your Value Statement. It's our way of keeping you up to speed with how you're making the most of your package."
Virgin monitor what we watch, download, telephone/mobile usage. Instead of raising prices how about create a package based on the user?

Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Price Increase February 2016

Are you out of contract?

If you are, all you will get is price rise on top of price rise.

After the holidays, give Retentions a ring on 150 option 4 then 5, & renegotiate your contract. With all the media providers, if you don't ask, you don't get.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
zeinsalie
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Tried it.  Only got £2 off per month for 6 months only. Not much of a saving.
I also paid for 12 Month Line Rental Saver. I hardly use the home phone but we are made to feel like it's needed. 
It's made difficult as you feel you need the service.

TV Bundles only get cheaper when you have more packages.  This is how they hold on to you until it's time to leave.

I have already left their mobile service for another provider due to the fact that service coverage in my home is zero.
Had enough trying to find a signal in my house. They could offer no solution. 

Anyway, looking at options as careful decisions need to be made.
Besides if I go to another service provider I would have to pay to telephone line rental to get a broadband service.

David6
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I totally agree, I wrote to Virgin ages ago saying they should look at creating these sort of packages. I now have all the channels, but the ones I watch the most I can get on freesat or freeview, so if the prices go much higher then I will be cancelling my contract.

Most of the channels now offered by Virgin and Sky are now full of old repeats of programmes first seen on BBC1 or ITV, they also have loads of plus 1 channels which are good but only some times, even the film channels keep repeating the same stuff over and over.

Now though we have a new channel called BIKE, bet this will be much watched channel.

scouseuk
Dialled in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

i think a lot of ppl will be getting on their bikes and leaving

who want to watch a channel on bikes  **bleep**  get real  all the =+1 channels are bad enough

anthony_b
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I would love to know how many people would watch this channel. I understand HD channels,sky sports and movies,the latter I don't have.

But I don't think this increase is reasonable really. I feel customers are being taking for a ride with inflated costs that are being passed to us
scouseuk
Dialled in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

we are covering the cost of all the free upgrades lol

if you get shut of all the plus 1 channels  and then saved  all the hd channels you want  in reality  there not a lot 

i would think its lees than a 100  so this price hike is not a really good thing for virgin as i think ppl will leave