Menu
Carlos19731
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Premier Sports time for a change?

Why is this channel so expensive to pay for at £10 a month? if this channel was £5 pound per Month or even a little less at £3.50 per month more people would pay for this I think? Or even including this as a free channel if you subscribe to sky sports any thoughts?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Premier Sports time for a change?

That is a matter for Premier themselves. As a standalone premium channel they are getting the vast majority of the subscription income (usually around 90%), so they will pitch their channel at a price that both fulfills their needs & gets a reasonable amount of customers.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Carlos19731
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply 👍🏻 Informative response I didn't know that 😦
0 Kudos
Carlos19731
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply that's a high percentage to keep for themselves would love to know how many subscribers Premier Sports actually get? 👍🏻
0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Carlos19731 wrote:
Why is this channel so expensive to pay for at £10 a month? if this channel was £5 pound per Month or even a little less at £3.50 per month more people would pay for this I think? Or even including this as a free channel if you subscribe to sky sports any thoughts?

They did have it for free a couple of summers ago,  I tend to get it around May/June for GAA, and £10/month wasn't bad value especially when the Copa America was on at the same time.   I have to be honest and say that ordinarilly even it it was £1/month I wouldn't get it at any other time because it doesn't have anything I want to watch. But if I was a Ice Hockey fan then £10/month would be fine, so reducing the price would only reduce the income.

0 Kudos
Carlos19731
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Good point made 👍🏻Agree with your comments
0 Kudos