Menu
njn66
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Power supply

Power supply to my box is faulty. Tried it on a neighbours and it is dead, changed the fuse and still the same. Neighbours supply powers up my box so it is the supply.
How do I get a replacement?
Thanks
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
njn66
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Power supply

The actual model is the Samsung smt c7100 500gb. Its the 12v supply.
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi njn66,

To get a replacement there's various way to go about it, either ring 150 from a Virgin phone or 0345 454 1111 from any phone and report a TV fault, let it do any automated tests it wants then it will put you through to an agent. Ask for a replacement. Alternatively, ask for a replacement via the Webchat: TV -> Loss of my TV service -> Chat online. Access this page from a desktop or laptop, between 8AM to 8PM M-Sa. If all agents are busy, reload the page every three minutes and check again, until you get through.

Lastly, wait up to 3 days for a response from a member of the favicon.png Forum Team here; the Forum Team member can get a replacement sent out to you.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey njn66

Sorry to hear about the problems you're experiencing with your power supply, can I ask what set top box you're having trouble with? As we're not able to post all of the power supplies and it may require an engineers visitMan Happy

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
njn66
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I think it's a Samsung one. Its a 5v power supply
0 Kudos
njn66
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I will get the exact model when I'm home. Been trying to contact virgin all over Xmas I haven't had any tv ( from the box) since my first post.
0 Kudos
njn66
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The actual model is the Samsung smt c7100 500gb. Its the 12v supply.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi njn66

Thanks for that, I'd like to arrange for a member of the team to come and take a closer look, if you're available ?

I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos