Menu
Prawnpear
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Power save on v+hd

I'm new to virgin media and was wondering if there is a power save mode on the v+hd box. Me like others I'm sure watch tv in bed but when I wake in the morning my box is still on. Anyone know how I can have auto shut off after a specific amount of time has elapsed.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Power save on v+hd

The only power save feature of the V+ is to turn off the clock display in standby. V+ boxes are old tech now, & went out of production 6 years ago, so don't expect them to have all the mod-cons.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Prawnpear
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If they went out of production 6 years ago why was I given one on installation at the end of May? I am confused

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You were no doubt given the V+ as a second box, with your main box being a TiVO. The normal second box is a VHD, which has no recording capability. The V+ has, but is the same rental price, so you actually have a good deal.

Don't forget, all VM eqiupment is rented & remains VM's property, so as long as it does the job required of it (receiving the channels you subscribe too), its immaterial whether its new or refurbished equipment.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos