Menu
1stseasider
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Poor value service

No T.V. for 3 days.Time and date to fix keeps being extended.What is the problem?

Virgin media is a utility and should have systems to ensure constant supply.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor value service

TV is not a utility
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi 1stseasider, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having a new face on board with us. 

I'm sorry to hear that you were having a no service issue last week Smiley Sad 

As much as we would love to offer a 100% Fault Free service, it's simply not possible. There will be times when a fault will develop however we do what we can to resolve this as quickly as possible. 

Since posting, how have things been? 

Come back and let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
andycowl
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Just called up for my monthly refund on a Movie On Demand that was sadly aborted at birth ('OnDemand Services are currently unavailable. Please try again later'). Repeat ad infinitum and hope for a different outcome.

When asked 'Is there anything else I can help you with today ?', I (jokingly) asked about compensation for the loss of all OnDemand services for 3 days last week.

I was told 'this was an unplanned outage' so, obviously, not eligible for anything. Gee - you don't say. I thought it was an inordinately long time for a planned network infrastructure upgrade that might manage to fix the decade old problems with iPlayer (although I wouldn't put it past VM).

The second reason is that OnDemand is - wait for it - yet another VM 'free service'. Just like their email which they make available out of the goodness of their hearts.

Turns out the only paid for services I am shelling out for are landline phone (hardly used) and Broadband (no guarantees there either)

I don't expect the call centre worker to grasp that Movies on Demand (not Catchup TV) is a premium added service designed to increase customer spend and VM revenues but what on earth are Virgin sales and marketing playing at ?

Anyway, screw it. Now I'll just let me wife choose the film from the Tivo, tell me her selection and chromecast it. 50p cheaper each time and 100% reliable.

Vivid 350. SH3, Asus RT-N66U.
0 Kudos
andycowl
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry - Live TV is the final paid for service. But only BBC1, BBC2 and ITV. Like it was in the 80's.

Vivid 350. SH3, Asus RT-N66U.
0 Kudos
1stseasider
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Engineer came yesterday.Says T.V.system has been down for 2 weeks in my area.Couldn't reinstate one of my boxes.No apology from Virgin media.

0 Kudos
1stseasider
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

In today's world it is.Broadband has also not been working.

0 Kudos