Menu
Nath1980
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Poor service from Virgin

Hi,

I know you need to attract new customers, but why am I paying nearly £60 more for what is effectively the 'fun' bundle, the only difference being i have sky sports which im going to cancel, surely sky sports isnt £60 quid a month?

Also..tried to call your call centre to change my package and after half an hour of being on hold I got 'the other person has cleared'  (technical speak for hung up to make their calls received stats look good). I know at 6pm its understandably a busy time but this is clearly not acceptable.

Also please stop the cold calling for your "extra special loyalty customers", you ring every single month without fail trying to sell me a tablet, then a mobile phone despite the fact i tell you every time im with EE currently and locked into a contract until next year.  My wife is also with EE and the only other being in the house is a dog, who whilst he might like a tablet to play candy crush on im not getting him one!

Could someone come back to me from virgin ASAP before i just cancel and go to sky please.

Nathan

Mickey_etc
Up to speed
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor service from Virgin

Hi Nathan, Customer services are a joke as you have found out, your lucky they didn't disconnect you as it has been so for me and others

You do know that you can get sky+internet+phone line  cheaper elsewhere. (actually £16)

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/sky-calls-broadband-family-tv-package-from-16-40-pm-inc-line-rental-...

What I would do is use a compare site and see exactly what you need and how much you will save them either use your "get out of jail card" this is Virmin saying that you can leave us if you do it now because of the price rises. or goto retentions and tell them you can get a better deal and quote them the compare sites

0 Kudos
Nath1980
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

To be fair to them I have now got through and got offered a lot better deal, shame it takes someone to nearly leave before these "deals" are available!

0 Kudos
Hairybumbum2008
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sky is more than that!!
0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Nath1980 wrote:

To be fair to them I have now got through and got offered a lot better deal, shame it takes someone to nearly leave before these "deals" are available!

And to be fairer, I asked for BT Sport the other day and was given £15/month discount for six months to add full house TV.  I only wanted it for a month to watch the Arsenal v Chelsea game and now I have six months until Arsenal duly get dumped out of Europe in the last 16.   I have been offered promotions on Sky Sports as well in recent weeks, but as there isn't much on there at the moment, I declined.  You don't have to threaten to leave to get deals (though that does work!)

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

arrgee1991 wrote:

Nath1980 wrote:

And to be fairer, I asked for BT Sport the other day and was given £15/month discount for six months to add full house TV.  I only wanted it for a month to watch the Arsenal v Chelsea game and now I have six months until Arsenal duly get dumped out of Europe in the last 16.   I have been offered promotions on Sky Sports as well in recent weeks, but as there isn't much on there at the moment, I declined.  You don't have to threaten to leave to get deals (though that does work!)

And to be even fairer, I just got Sky Cinema and Sky Movies for half price for 6 months.  The irony is that for me the result of the price change is I have everything I had when my discounts ended for about £5 less.  Happy Days!

0 Kudos