Menu
Zebbo
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Poor quality TV picture

Hello all

For a fair while I've been disappointed with the quality of the picture I'm getting on my TV. There's no locking-up or freezing it's just really blurry with a sort of ghosting around the edges. I've checked the video output and it's correct. I've also checked the system info and it seems to say that the signal strength varies from around 85-95% but the SNR, (signal to noise ratio?), is only around 39db which doesn't sound that great but I really don't have a clue. Any ideas? Cheers.

0 Kudos
Argy
Rising star
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor quality TV picture

What cable are you using to connect the box to the TV?

In preference, use HDMI if you can, use SCART only if you must.

Check & reseat your cable.  If that doesn't help at all, try changing the cable (ideally with a known working good one).

As for signal strength & SNR, my Tivo has got three tuners.  The figures for these are 62%/42dB, 59%/36dB, 56%/36dB

I may have problems with teh Tivo being slow, but that's common for a lot of people.  I don't have picture quality issues, so I would have thought that yours should be OK.

Just another VM user trying to help, so no guarantees that my advice will work .
If my suggestion is helpful, please mark it as helpful; it may help others. Just want to say "Thanks"? That's the Kudos button.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zebbo,

Welcome to the Community, it's great to see a new face Smiley Happy

I'm very sorry to read about the picture quality on the TV, it's never fun when you're trying to watch you favourite shows. I can see that you've met Argy already, cheers Argy Smiley Happy The tuners are certainly something to look at and with those readings, it certainly is something I'd like to help with. 

I've been testing the TV services and while it's responding to the tests, it did come back with a few issues on the tuners and also your power levels. I'd like to arrange an engineer out as there are no linked outages in the area. I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little purple envelope near the top right of the page.

Many thanks and speak to you very soon Smiley Happy

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Zebbo
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Argy

Sorry for slow response, I didn't know I had a reply.

Yes, I am using HDMI cables, (good quality ones too), and swapped them between my Tivo and Blu-ray player with no change.

An engineer is due to call tomorrow so hopefully all should be sorted.

Cheers.

Pete

0 Kudos