Menu
Dagger1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Poor TV Picture

I've just had an extra HD box installed upstairs - we already have one Tivo and an HD box downstairs.

The box upstairs was for my son and we bought a brand new Sony Full HD TV for him - latest model. The picture was awful. No definition of profiles, watching football was terrible in terms of what I'd call a blurriness.

We had an engineer out who said our signal was low but basically told us the TV was at fault. We took the TV back, got a replacement, good old John Lewis and it's exactly the same!

I'm not a happy bunny and having been up to the inlaws recently, would have to say their picture is far better than on any of our TVs.

We have another engineer coming out tomorrow but don't want to be fobbed off with any excuses. We're paying VM over £100pm and while I think the broadband is great, I'm not prepared to shell out over £1200pa for sub standard service.

Any advice folks?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor TV Picture

Hey Dagger1

Welcome to the community, I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TV service at the moment. It's something I want to help to get sorted for you.

From looking at your account I can see you've reported this issue and that it's currently being investigated. A member of the team is likely to be in touch with you with an update when possible, I'd love to hear how you get on Man Happy

Sorry again for the inconvenience this has caused, we want to get this resolved as soon as possible.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Dagger1
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Craig. Engineers have been great when they've been out.

Connections in street were damaged resulting in low signal. They've been replaced and signal now where it should have been.

Still not as good a picture as the in laws get and they're 10 minutes up the road. I'm paying nearly £100pm and whilst I love Broadband, it's not worth paying for this quality of pic. Time for this 15 year plus Virgin family to look elsewhere.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dagger1

Thanks for taking the time to get back to me, I appreciate it. I know this is a long shot but do you have the same TV as your in laws? If so, it would be a great comparison for the picture quality. 

Do you have any other HD devices plugged into the TV? If so, how is the picture there? 

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos