Menu
magwych
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Poor Picture Quality and sound cutting out

A few weeks ago th picture quality started to detoriate on the V+ box. It is mostly noticeable on very dark areas of the screen, with a very pronounced pixellation effect.

The bix gas been rebooted a few times and both a HDMI and SCART connections tried; none have resolved the problmes. Sometime it is less pronounced than others, sometimes it is virtually impossible to watch TV at all.

This was further compounded today when the sound started to frequently cut out and in briefly.

0 Kudos
magwych
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor Picture Quality and sound cutting out

I should clarify that the sound cutting out is peristent, it cuts out for very brief moments but often. We lose only one or two words, but that is very frustrating.

The pixellation is owrst on blacks, these often break down into reddy brown pixellated patches. I have also tried another HD television, which also exhibits the same behaviour. That makes it TV and connection method independent, so we are leaning more towards it being a signal issue.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Howdy Magwych,

Many thanks for taking the time to visit us here and posting your comment. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the TV playing up there in the home, I've had a look and some of your stats in the TiVo are reporting below what we'd like for them and may need an engineer.

I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little red envelope near the top left of the page.

Get back to me when you can.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
magwych
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben,

Thanks for getting back to me. I did not post this in the TiVo sectio because Ido no thave TiVo box, just the V+ box I mentioned in my opening post. Does that affect the neaning of the stats at all?

0 Kudos
magwych
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

An engineer has called, his diagnosis was singal too strong, so he fitted an attenuator to the cable, upstream of  the broadband/TV splitter.

All seems OK, but I have to balance that out by commentimg that the sound had stopped cuttnig out and the picture had improved somewhat of its own accord in the period between my first post and  the visit.

Fingers crossed for the attenuator, and many thanks for sorting this out. It is such a shame that we can't get this level of response over the phone from Customer (Dis-)Services.

0 Kudos