Menu
ChillyGooner
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Please could someone advise why I am unable to view local ITV Meridian South on Chanel 103?

I live in Wiltshire (Salisbury) and would like to view my local news from my region. I currently receive ITV Meridan South East on 103 and 113. I believe I should be receiving ITV Meridian South, could someone please clarify.

Many Thanks,

Gary.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Please could someone advise why I am unable to view local ITV Meridian South on Chanel 103?

ITV HD Meridian South East (113) covers the whole of the Meridian region, as there are no HD facilities at the Meridian South studios. Meridian South (103) should opt-out of the South-East service in your area during local news programmes.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
ChillyGooner
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Please could someone advise why I am unable to view local ITV Meridian South on Chanel 103?

So, Meridian South should be broadcasting on 103 in my area?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If you are in Salisbury, yes it should.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
ChillyGooner
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

That's the problem, When I switch from 113 hd to 103 sd I am still seeing Meridian South East news.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there ChillyGooner, 

I'd like to take this opportunity to welcome you to the forums and say that I'm sorry to hear that you seem to be receiving the incorrect ITV regions. 

Unlike other suppliers, your regional variants are dependant on the Distribution cable which feeds the cabinet that you are connected to. In some regions these may blur the lines a little. 

I've double checked against your Network ID, and discovered that on 

103 you should be getting ITV1 Meridian North

And on 113 you should be getting ITV1 HD South East

I've just sent some signals to your Set top box in order for these to be correct. These signals can take up to 24 hours to complete. 

Please let me know how things go for you. 

Many thanks and apologies again

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos