Menu
slakey
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Please check my local exchange cabinet.

Hi,

Could you please send an engineer to check my local exchange cabinet. I have had numerous TV problems over the last week with breaking up channels like I have a weak signal and about half of my channels missing completely. On those blank channels I have a help is at hand box appear with ref code 3202.

I have also found out today my house phone is dead, no dial tone. This could have been like that for ages as I never use the home phone, no point with a mobile and nothing but nuisance calls coming to the home phone. I plugged a phone in today to call you on 150 and that's when I found out that isn't working either.

I received my new superhub 2 and that is ok but the speed isn't what I would expect and neither was my original superhub but it is quick enough.

Now the reason I'm requesting the exchange be checked is nothing in my property has a problem and hasn't had since I've been with you but in the last year there has been 8 new property's built immediately outside mine and I know a good few of them are on Virgin as I can see there Wi-Fi ssid's and since then naturally my broadband speed has dropped over 50% but I've never had a problem with the TV but I just think now there are too many on the exchange and that needs a boost.

If you could please arrange an engineer to investigate this issue starting at the exchange it would be very much appreciated. 

While I have your ear, I have been with you now for many years and I have always been happy with you service provided but as I look at all your great deals for new customers at very good prices and I look at my standard HD box and bill. I can't help thinking something better can be done. I don't believe I'm tied to a contract with you at the moment so could you offer some advice please and make a very very loyal customer happy.

Kind regards

Simon.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Please check my local exchange cabinet.

DO you have a Android or iOS powered smartphone. If so install Smart Call and register it and you can call 150 for free using that.

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
0 Kudos
slakey
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@AMWSmith,

Thank you for the tip, I'll give that a whirl.

Regards

Simon.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The likelyhood is the problem is actually with your drop line & not the street cabinet.

1) Cabinet equipment can trigger a network alarm if some types of faults develop.

2) If the fault was with the cabinet, all customers on that cabinet would have issues.

Phone faults are usually totally separate issues from those causing problems on TV & BB

When you are up & running, give Retentions a call (150 option 4 then 5). People that are out of contract are more likely to get a favourable outcome as regards re-packaging..

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
slakey
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@nodrogd,

Thank you for the information, much appreciated.

Regards

Simon.
0 Kudos