Menu
eehan
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Playback Freezing

During playback, the image and sound frequently freezes and stutters, making it unwatchable. Restarting the box fixes things temporarily, and the sequences that stuttered before will then play normally. However, this doesn't last long.
We're also getting more pixelation and blocking on some recordings. 
I've tried turning the box off and unplugging temporarily from the mains. As I've said, this fixes things temporarily. Anything else I should try?

Cheers

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Playback Freezing

If it's only on recordings then you likely have a dying HDD within the box.

Give them a ring to get a replacement sorted.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If it's only on recordings then you likely have a dying HDD within the box.

Give them a ring to get a replacement sorted.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello eehan,

Thanks for posting in the community Smiley Happy

I can see there are some signal issues with the box so I would like to arrange for a technician to take a look at this for you so if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen you will see another message from me with appointment times.

Speak soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
eehan
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Well all, I have been given a new TiVo box, yet the same issues are reoccurring, recordings freezing,  is there a major issue with these boxes Hard Drive because I now need box number 3 since August! not acceptable really!

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

eehan wrote:

Well all, I have been given a new TiVo box, yet the same issues are reoccurring, recordings freezing,  is there a major issue with these boxes Hard Drive because I now need box number 3 since August! not acceptable really!

Your original post say "freezes and stutters". Does this occur at roughly set times? When this finishes, are you able to rewind and play the same bit correctly?

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
eehan
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

eRe: Playback Freezing

Hello

no if I rewind it is still pixelated distorted and unwatchable

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: eRe: Playback Freezing

eehan wrote:

Hello

no if I rewind it is still pixelated distorted and unwatchable

That rules out one possible issue.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: eRe: Playback Freezing

Hi eehan,

I'm sorry to hear that you are still having problems with your TiVo® playback freezing and pixelating.

When running tests to your TiVo®, I'm seeing the signal levels are still not correct. I'd like to arrange one of our Senior Techs to have a look at this, as this is an ongoing issue where replacement TiVo® boxes haven't been able to resolve the problem.

I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos