Menu
Abacist
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Pixellation on Plasma TV

On my third report to Virgin to complain about pixellation on our Virgin TV service!  Freeview gives a much better picture which is crazy and of course doesn't give us the channels we are paying for from Virgin.  First time it resulted from a Virgin customer service man door knocking to re-sign-up departed customers but nothing happened as a result of his promises.  Next time someone fiddled with settings at their end and they improved for a bit but are now back to pixellating again.  So when I 'phoned today to complain about overcharging on the phone bill I also complained again about the pixellating TV.  Engineers are due to visit so we'll see what they can achieve this time.  Perhaps its time to save a load of money every month?  I've been a customer since the street was first cabled by Eurobell which was before Telewest and before Virgin which came after that.  Its frustrating and disappointing when you pay so much a month!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixellation on Plasma TV

Hi Abacist,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you've had ongoing issues with the picture pixelating.  I can see the appointment you have booked in to get this fixed for you.  Please do let us know how you get on after the appointment, we're here to help if you need us.

Keep in touch.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Abacist
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Well last night was the first time for ages and ages that the picture was first class.  Virgin have obviously been having a fiddle with something as the picture is great.  I thought I'd look at some recordings to show the engineers this morning but even all the recordings are now playing without a tremor or pixel out of place!  

However we've been here before and it deteriorated again fairly quickly so let's hope this fix is better and long-lasting this time.

Don't know what the engineers will think this morning as there is nothing to complain about now.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello Abacist,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you've been having in regards to picture quality, however i'm really glad to hear you're now having the picture quality that we expect for our customers.

Please let us know if there are any changes, we're always here to help.

Take care Smiley Happy

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Abacist
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Scott duly came and replaced some very old cables, removed some strong attenuators which resulted in the signals being below strength and checked out all the boxes and tested everything, included the cabinet in the road which had evidently just had a new amplifier fitted which obviously has also helped.

The picture had improved before his visit and is now really excellent.

If it ever deteriorates again I must get on here and complain again as well as 'phoning for support much earlier.

Many thanks Virgin!

I just need the telephone department to sort out our cheap deal on calls to Canada which seems to have been removed without our permission.  Why calls to Canada has one of the dearest call rates in the world is beyond me when its cheaper to call places further away and more remote in terms of culture and language.

0 Kudos