Menu
philwad
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Pixellation/blocking on picture and sound

For months we have had intermittent pixellation and blocking on picture and sound.  Occurs frequently (sometimes dozens of times during a show) on non-prime channels such as Gold and Challenge, although the prime ones suffer too.  Happened three or four times on The Chase tonight - just enough to be an annoyance.  Occurs on live and recorded programmes, and if watching live and we rewind, the blocking has been recorded.  All connections checked and V+ box rebooted to no effect. Please are there any signal level checks that can be made remotely?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Pixellation/blocking on picture and sound

Hi philwad,

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing a poor picture and sound on your V+ box.

I've managed to locate your account to run some tests. I've not been able to detect any signal level fault. The next step would be to send an engineer to the property to investigate further.

I'll now send you a private message to discuss further. To view this click on the red envelope on the top left.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi philwad,

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing a poor picture and sound on your V+ box.

I've managed to locate your account to run some tests. I've not been able to detect any signal level fault. The next step would be to send an engineer to the property to investigate further.

I'll now send you a private message to discuss further. To view this click on the red envelope on the top left.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
philwad
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Engineer arrived spot on time yesterday, thank you.  He was polite, friendly and knowledgeable as always.  Decided the surge protector (or whatever he called it - the bullet in the cable behind the box) was faulty, removed it and fitted a different one where the cable comes into the wall.  So far so good, but it will be a few days before I can be 100% certain as the pixellation was intermittent.  Fingers crossed, and thank you again ! 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi philwad,

Thank you for coming back to us with an update Smiley Happy

It's great to hear our engineer did a fabulous job at fixing your fault.  I have taken a look at your box remotely and all looks super signal wise so it all looks fab from here.

If it is the case you get any further disruption, we're here to help so give us a shout anytime.

Hope you're enjoying the sunshine Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
timealan
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Interesting this, I have a very similar problem, main channels BBC, ITV HD and SD perfect, when I get to the 'lesser channels' Inc music bad pixellation and sound breakup. Horror channel fine, syfy rubbish!

Check connections and rebooted v box, no change.

Service status says good for area, but not in my front room!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there timealan, 

I'm really sorry to hear that you've been getting the same issue on some channels, I've done some checking on the connection and can see some issues which I'd like to have a technician call out and investigate further. 

I've sent you a private message in order to get things moving on this. please look to the top left of this page and you'll see a red envelope icon, click on that and you'll see my message.

Many thanks and apologies again 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
timealan
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, but I have an updated as I reported the issue on 150.

The engineer found that the signal coming into the property was a "-7"(?) and subsequently found that water had got into main hub bit in the pavement, so it probably affected the whole street!

All fixed, but thanks for the reply!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me on that timealan, 

The errors I could see were on the logs of the set top box, as these stay on the log screen for a while the errors may have been there before the technician called out. 

Thanks again for letting me know, glad to hear it's fixed

Take care

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos