Menu
Northdowns
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Pixellated line / digital noise blocking appearing frequently

It's been occuring for a couple of months - a pixellated bar appearing for a couple of seconds and then disappearing. The frequency seems to vary - sometimes as often as every minute, other times every 10. It also occurs on recorded programs too which we watch more often. We really only watch HD these days so it's not a low-D issue.

It might just be my imagination, but it does seem to be getting worse !

Broadband @ 152

TV XL

Box new Oct 2014

I've checked all the cable connections as best I can, ensured the box is in free air as much as possible, and even checked the noise cancellation functions out on my TV...all to no effect.

Any ideas.....or do I log a service call....?

Cheers.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixellated line / digital noise blocking appearing frequently

Hi Northdowns,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems with your TiVo® box pixellating. 

I have been able to access your account via your Forum details and have run tests to your TiVo®. The test results shows that the signal and input levels are all as they should be. I am seeing a few errors, but again, these are very low. I have sent a new signal to your box. Could you please reboot your TiVo® box and see if this resolves the issue?

Please let me know how you get on with this as I want to make sure this issue gets sorted out for you.

Many thanks.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Northdowns
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

OK will do Terri, cheers.

I've actually just registered for the internal VMB staff scheme so will be getting a new box on Friday, along with an engineer visit, so I presume any issue(s) currently present will be identified then and there....hopefully.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Northdowns, 

Thanks for getting back to me.

Let me know how you get on after the new box installation on Friday.

Cheers!

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Northdowns
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No new box installed - little bit of confusion there.

Anyway, everything was checked over by the engineer - all levels etc fine - but it's fair to say that the issue still remains.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Northdowns,

Thanks for getting back to us and I'm sorry to hear that the fault has not been resolved. Smiley Happy

I'll be happy to arrange for an engineer to call out and get this sorted for you.

I'll send you a private message with details of the next steps. (Look out for the envelope icon above_

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Northdowns
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Engineer + new box  = sorted.

:-)

0 Kudos