Menu
Anglhtn
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Pixelation

We have problems with our TV as the picture keeps freezing and the sound is distorted. Had this same issue back in February and Virgin finally changed the box, and the cable running from the house to the road. Didn't resolve the issue immediately and the second engineer that came along said that he believed it was a network issue in the area, which Virgin refused to acknowledge on the phone. Eventually, it stopped and all was well until a few days ago when it started again but worse. After two calls, and Virgin telling me nothing is wrong (!) they agreed to send an engineer who came yesterday  and was very helpful as they always are. He confirmed that there was a signal problem. He installed a splitter (whatever that is) and all appeared to be ok when he left. He also installed a new hub and had my broadband  upgraded which is all very nice but by yesterday evening, the problems with the TV were back! Might have been earlier in the day but the TV was  off. It is now virtually un-watchable. My daughter has a chronic illness and disability and at the moment is pretty much housebound so the TV is a lifeline for her. I am at my wits end with this because I know if I call them, I will get the usual fob off of 'wait 24 hours'. The engineer was really nice and he asked me to wait 7 days if the problem came back but I don't think I should have to. I've been a customer for years so am on one of their rubbish deals anyway! Any suggestions for what to do or will I just have to go through the hassle of changing to another provider? Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixelation

Hi Anglhtn

Welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TV service lately.

I've been able to locate your account to take a closer look at this from our end for you and I'd like to arrange for an engineer to come and take another look as soon as possible, if you're available? 

It'll be an appointment with a senior engineer, I've sent you information about this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Anglhtn,

Thank you for your messages and letting us know about the technician yesterday.

We would love to know how the services are now? I have been able to run a quick test on the services and all of them are looking quite healthy Smiley Happy

Please let us know if we can be of assistance and take care

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Anglhtn
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The problem seems to be fixed. Only the odd issue with sound. Apparently, the problem was found at the  box in my Street. Fingers crossed that this is the end of it and the intermittent sound issues will go too. The engineers, as always, were very good when they came to my house. The only frustrating thing is that we had to have two visits before the problem was sorted out and apart from my time, is that really cost effective for Virgin?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hey Anglhtn Smiley Happy

That's awesome news that this is now working again, thank you for taking the time to let everyone that was following your problem and resolution.

I have tested the services and they are running well still, which is great news Smiley Happy

If you do need any additional help, please let me know. 

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Anglhtn
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
Anglhtn
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The exact same problem is back again. I have been told today that the earliest available technician is 16th November! So I am supposed to wait 11 days and continue to pay for a TV service that is un-watchable much of the time! What an absolute load of rubbish. I've raised a complaint, for all the good it will do, and apparently I will receive a call from a manager within 24 hours. Can't wait - just another fob off! I  assume that if a technician isn't a available for 11 days, there must be a huge number of faults in the area. My afternoon will be spent in investigating other providers which might take some time as the super fast broadband they upgraded me to is pretty useless too.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hey Anglhtn

I'm sorry to hear that you're still experiencing issues with your TV service, as mentioned in my last message I'd recommend an engineers appointment so I'm glad to hear you've been in touch about organising one.

As anyone been in touch since Saturday? 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Anglhtn
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi

No - no-one has been in touch. The manager who was supposed to call me within 24 hours hasn't. I am really disappointed in Virgin. I'm prepared to gibe a 3rd and final chance to rectify the problem otherwise I'm taking up the offer from BT which will at least save me money! If Virgin can't fix the issue and don't want my business, then fine but just tell me. I think this is a good case for 'Rip Of Britain' actually - paying for a service that isn't working and that Virgin won't sort out!!

Thanks.

0 Kudos