Menu
Shamwari2000
Joining in
Message 31 of 78
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixelation

I've only got 6 months left on contract. Gonna go for iptv next.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 32 of 78
Flag for a moderator

Colin5 wrote:

I seem to be having the same problems, the picture breaks up or freezes completely,  I've noticed it only seems to happen when we have freezing temperatures

You may have an issue with your installation then. Ring it in to find out what the issue is.

astalker wrote:

I'm having the same problem on my V+ box. Only seems to happen on hd channels, and mainly sports rather than, eg, 108. It seems to be random, but when it starts, it happens intermittently at regular intervals. Switching to the non hd channel causes the fault to disappear. But I prefer to watch on hd, particularly sports. I should be grateful for any help or advice that can be offered. Thanks.

As with all the above posters, if you have a technical fault, ring it in.

You'll get an immediate response if you give them a ring on 150 [VM phone] / 0345 454 1111 [non-VM phone] (from 08:00 until midnight, every day), or use the Contact Us link at the bottom of this page to initiate a live chat (from 08:00 until 20:00, Monday to Saturday)

This is primarily a user community forum and while the VM Forum Team do endeavour to read and, where appropriate, respond to every thread, it can take them from a few days to a couple of weeks to wade through the volume of posts. So for an technical issue, which this seems to be, your best line of inquiry is through the Faults team via the methods above.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Colin5
On our wavelength
Message 33 of 78
Flag for a moderator

I've tried all that you suggested. I've always struggle on the phone because of my disability, that's why I prefer to do it online but nevertheless I tried to phone them, and after struggling to get my message across they didn't even offer to send an engineer out, and I've been trying to use the live chat for the past week but I just can't get through, it's a total waste of time. These people don't care, all they're interested in is your money, once they've got that they refuse to deal with you, refuse to do any repairs yet they'll happily rake your money, so I intend cancelling my subscription, if they want to talk to me then I'll be happy to talk to them but I can't see that happening.Smiley Mad

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 34 of 78
Flag for a moderator

Hi Colin5,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing a problem with your TiVo®.

I've tried running remote tests to your TiVo® but getting no response from the box. 

I'll run testing on the box tomorrow morning between 8am and 10am, please verify that your equipment is powered on.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Colin5
On our wavelength
Message 35 of 78
Flag for a moderator

I'll have to leave the box on overnight then because I'm usually just getting up at that time or thinking about getting up.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 36 of 78
Flag for a moderator

You're not turning it off at the mains are you?

To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Colin5
On our wavelength
Message 37 of 78
Flag for a moderator

No, I turn it off using the remote, that's how I've always done it.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 38 of 78
Flag for a moderator

Colin5 wrote:

No, I turn it off using the remote, that's how I've always done it.

Phew! That's fine - was worried you were completely powering it off.

0 Kudos
Colin5
On our wavelength
Message 39 of 78
Flag for a moderator

That would be like to much trouble, traipsing all the way over to the socket and switching it off there, it means I'd have to get out of my chair Smiley LOL

frank_gm
Community elder
Message 40 of 78
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately, given the response above "I've tried running remote tests to your TiVo® but getting no response from the box. " and your box was switched on, then it looks as though it is in trouble.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos