Menu
Smithbeveridge
Joining in
Message 21 of 81
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixelation

I am getting this constantly on certain channels at all times! Second TiVo box aswell...fed up of it now!!!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 22 of 81
Flag for a moderator

Hi Smithbeveridge,

Thanks for posting!

I've sent you a private message in response to this issue you've raised in another thread.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
banhamm
Joining in
Message 23 of 81
Flag for a moderator

Hi I have the same issue on my tivo box in Bromley, the picture becomes pixelated partcularly on recosdrings watched from My Shows.

0 Kudos
Betelgeuse
On our wavelength
Message 24 of 81
Flag for a moderator

I have been having random pixelation for months now, and they don't seem to know how to fix it. I have had many engineers come out and countless lost time on the phone trying to get it resolved. I get it on several HD channels. SKY One , Cinema channels, Nat Geo for example. Seems to be worse during peak time , over the weekend. Although it does happen in the day. 

A engineer came out today and flatly told me if he does not see it he has nothing to work with and suggests an evening appointment to see if it can be viewed.

It all started during the summer after they were doing maintenance in the area. Also the poor software update does not help either.

On the website you can only run a diagnostic 3 times a day... The results I get are inconclusive and vague.

The quality of the TV service is not fit for purpose, its a shambles. Who ever is in charge of Virgin Media TV needs replacing as the service you have been providing is criminal.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 25 of 81
Flag for a moderator

Hi banhamm,

Thanks for posting!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this too.

I've located your account and I can see an issue with the input signal that feeds your box. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange a technician.

Look forward to hearing from you! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Shamwari2000
Joining in
Message 26 of 81
Flag for a moderator

Have had this problem since moving and getting a new Vbox a yr ago. We have changed tv settings, followed all tips and tricks and still no better. It happens on 90% of the channels we watch
0 Kudos
RichF1
Joining in
Message 27 of 81
Flag for a moderator

Hi VM Mod

We suffer from random channel pixilation too on both 'live' and recorded programmes. All channels are equally affected including BBC, ITV, C4, etc.
As others have commented on, our TiVo box is very, very slow at doing anything at all! Reboots and Smartcard removal hasn't done a thing to improve it.

About time existing customers got the same offers that new customers get...or do we really have to threaten to leave?!! Since the TiVo box is a heap of **** how about giving us free upgrade to the V6 and the same price packages?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 28 of 81
Flag for a moderator

If you're suffering the same issue as the above posters, and resolution is to get a tech visit, what did the Faults team say when you talked to them?

You'll get an immediate response if you give them a ring on 150 (from 08:00 until midnight, every day), or use the Contact Us link at the bottom of this page to initiate a live chat (from 08:00 until 20:00, Monday to Saturday)

This is primarily a user community forum and while the VM forum team do endeavour to read and, where appropriate, respond to every thread, it can take them a few days to wade through the volume of posts. So for an technical issue, which this seems to be, your best line of inquiry is through the Faults team via the methods above.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Colin5
On our wavelength
Message 29 of 81
Flag for a moderator

I seem to be having the same problems, the picture breaks up or freezes completely,  I've noticed it only seems to happen when we have freezing temperatures

astalker
Tuning in
Message 30 of 81
Flag for a moderator

I'm having the same problem on my V+ box. Only seems to happen on hd channels, and mainly sports rather than, eg, 108. It seems to be random, but when it starts, it happens intermittently at regular intervals. Switching to the non hd channel causes the fault to disappear. But I prefer to watch on hd, particularly sports. I should be grateful for any help or advice that can be offered. Thanks.

0 Kudos