Menu
Wmilner
Tuning in
Message 11 of 81
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixelation

Craig, any similar update for network issues in Chiswick?

The pixellation is particularly bad on CBBC - and obviously when we DVR shows it messes up recordings as well?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 12 of 81
Flag for a moderator

Hi Wmilner

I'm sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TV service, I've been able to take a closer look at this from our end and we're not detecting any network or local issues in your area at the moment.

We are detecting some errors with your set top box though, so I'd like to arrange for a member of the team to come and take a closer look if you're available. I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

I'm sorry again for the inconvenience this is causing, we're looking forward to putting it right.

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Stevet47
Joining in
Message 13 of 81
Flag for a moderator

I have same problem on just about every channel. Sky channels seem the worst. Problem started in the last few days. A service check says everything is fine. Could it be the HD box is knackered! Had it 4/5 years.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 14 of 81
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stevet47,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're also getting picture problems on some of your channels.  I'll be happy to help check this out for you.

I have connected to your box remotely and currently it is showing 'offline'.  Can you let me know if the box was turned off/on at the time of this post?  Once confirmed, I can help further.

Keep me posted, I'm here if you need me.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
jay147
Joining in
Message 15 of 81
Flag for a moderator

I've just had virgin TiVo installed after being with sky for the last 10 years, the TiVo is so slow and the picture pixelating on every channel, the tv guide and my shows take about 30 seconds to come up and anything recorded or on catch up takes an age to get going and even buffering , seriously considering going back to sky 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 16 of 81
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jay147 Smiley Happy

Welcome to the Community, it's great to see you Smiley Happy

I am sorry that there's been some interruptions and pixelation on the TV services, I would like to help and have been able to look into the services. 

You're TiVo is going through some issues on the signal levels, these need to be adjusted by an engineer as I'm unable to do this from here. If you can have a little look inside your 'Inbox', you'll see I've sent you a 'Private Message'. You can find this at the top right of the page, purple envelope Smiley Happy

Keep in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
ianjayne
Fibre optic
Message 17 of 81
Flag for a moderator

I'm learning a lot from this forum, some of it good, some not so good.  We had this issue of pixelation together with freezing. Whilst the latter is still not solved and is still being investigated the former was resolved by way of the techie cleaing or changing the contacts or connections in the street cabinet.  As we understand it these street cabinets historically suffer from contact corrosion. They are exposed to the elements year in and year out.  In our case they have been in situe since 1993.  Old and maybe well after use by date. Probaby this is a lack of investment by not just VM their previous owners.  E.G. Telewest - NTL etc etc.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 18 of 81
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ianjayne,

Thank you for coming back and posting your message to us.

I am sorry that you have been experiencing some disruptions in the TV services, i have been looking into the TiVo and it is looking healthy, which is a good sign. 

I have tested the hard drive and have seen that it is running well with no errors. With the issue you've mentioned and it not being seen right now, leave me to believe this is happening intermittently?

Can you tell me if this is happening at certain times of the day and also what shows/channels are you seeing this on?

Keep in touch.

Ben

0 Kudos
delilah
On our wavelength
Message 19 of 81
Flag for a moderator

I have been getting Pixelation for months now on  my V+ Box, seems to start at tea time.  I have been told before its not my box but the street box signal.   Not sure if reporting does any good or not?  

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 20 of 81
Flag for a moderator

Good morning Delilah,

Many thanks for taking the time to reach out to the Community again, I hope you're enjoying your week so far. 

I am sorry to read about the V+ box, I have been into the account and I can see some issues that would need addressing. This would need an engineer to help adjust  a few aspects of the connection. If you can have a little look inside your 'Inbox', you'll see I've sent you a 'Private Message'. You can find this at the top right of the page, purple envelope Smiley Happy

Keep in touch.

Ben

0 Kudos