Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 58 (15,428 Views)

Pixelation

So I see others have this problem too. Half my tv channels are horribly pixelating, picture and sound both breaking up, particularly on the lesser used channels eg BBC3. It's been like this for weeks despite resetting TiVo box. Feels like not enough channels/bandwidth allocated to each channel but I'm speculating....other issues TiVo box has been running soooo slowly - 30-60 seconds to fire up program guide. Not sure if this is related to the pixelation. Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions
Superfast
Message 2 of 58 (30,828 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by Wmilner
‎02-02-2016 09:55

Re: Pixelation

[ Edited ]
Sounds like you need a visit from a Tech to check signal strength call 150 from VM landline choose option for problems with Tv .Also try rebooting your box to see if that helps not 100% sure how that will work on TiVo but with V+HD box you just held power button on front of box till you see the word (Stop) on LED then let go and box will reboot

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superfast
Message 2 of 58 (30,829 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by Wmilner
‎02-02-2016 09:55

[ Edited ]
Sounds like you need a visit from a Tech to check signal strength call 150 from VM landline choose option for problems with Tv .Also try rebooting your box to see if that helps not 100% sure how that will work on TiVo but with V+HD box you just held power button on front of box till you see the word (Stop) on LED then let go and box will reboot
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 58 (15,408 Views)

thanks - i already reset the Tivo box but it made no difference - i guess i'll have to brave customer service...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 4 of 58 (15,311 Views)

Hi Wmilner,

A warm welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're getting pixelation on your channels and that the TiVo® is running slowly for you.  I will be happy to help check this out for you.

I have taken a look at your box remotely and there are detectable signal problems present.  In order to get this fixed I will arrange for an engineer to call round for you.

All the details will be in a private message for you.  Look for the envelope icon above.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 58 (15,110 Views)

Hi,

I am having the same problems. I had a visit from a tech about 3 weeks ago, who changed my connectors. He did mention that pixellation and picture break up was a known problem in the Guildford area and the issue was being resolved. The problem was never really resolved for me, but in the last week the pixellation and picture freeze has become worse and the response of my Tivo box has definitely slowed. Does anyone know if this is a a local problem?

Thanks,

Richard

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 6 of 58 (15,091 Views)

Hi richug

Welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry yo hear about the problems you're experiencing with your TV service at the moment and I'd like to do what I can to get this resolved.

I've been able to locate your account and run some tests on the set top box from our end, we're not detecting any issues right away. Are you experiencing these issues at certain times are are they noticeable at all times? Are you experiencing this issue on certain channels too?

Look forward to hearing from you and getting to the bottom of this.

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 7 of 58 (15,076 Views)

Hi Craig,

Thanks for your reply. I will check with the rest of my family and get back to you about specific channels and times.

For me, it mainly happens on ESPN in the early hours, and thinking about it, these have been mostly recorded programs. But I have seen it on other channels during the day, although not to the same extent.

Thanks for your help.

Richard

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 8 of 58 (15,069 Views)

Hi Craig,

Further questioning has revealed that nearly all of the problems are arising from recorded programs. Does this mean that the hard drive may be damaged?

Regards,

Richard

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 58 (15,062 Views)

Hi ,

As you can see from my previous posts re intermittent pixelation in the GU1 and GU2 areas (Guildford) at present the pixalation has been rectified. After raising this issue since the upgrade of broadband VM finely accepted it was a net work problem and rectified a fault this week (Tuesday). Since this we have not had the problem.

Chrismm

Joining in
Message 10 of 58 (15,046 Views)

Hi Chrismm,

Thanks very much for the info. I will keep checking to ensure the problem has been fixed and report back. 

Regards.

Richard

0 Kudos