Menu
Spencert1
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Pixelation on HD Channels

I have started to notice a brief pixelation that cuts horizontally across the screen when viewing HD channels, BBC News and E4 seem particularly bad. I am using a TiVo box and took a look at the diagnostics, which is showing a signal strength of 34%, which does not sound great? I did phone VM customer care who did some "checks" who came back and said all appeared ok and that the pixelation would not return, unfortunately it has. Any advice would be appreciated.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Pixelation on HD Channels

phone CS again, or else wait a week or so on here until a member of Virgin staff can get to you and they will probably be able to look into in more detail.

0 Kudos

All Replies
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

phone CS again, or else wait a week or so on here until a member of Virgin staff can get to you and they will probably be able to look into in more detail.

0 Kudos
Spencert1
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your advice. I may try the CS route again. When I called them previously I did ask if a signal strength of 34% could be the issue, but they would not confirm either way on this.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Spencert1

Welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your TV service at the moment. 

I've located your account to run some tests and take a closer look at this from our end but we're not detecting any errors at the moment. Are you experiencing this issue at certain times of the day? 

Are there any HD channels that are working fine or are all seemingly affected? 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Spencert1
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig thanks for your reply.

We tend to notice the pixellation most times of the day, but most of our viewing is in the evening and it is not apparent on all HD channels. BBC 1 and ITV, Sky News, Sky Sports News all seem OK.

It is usually noticed primarily on C4, E4, BBC News, BBC 2, NHK World HD channel's.

Thanks for your help.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the fast response Spencert1

As we're not detecting any issues right away, I'll keep an eye on things from my end and if you notice any problems with the programs you're watching, let me know so I can take another look. 

Apologies again for the inconvenience you're experiencing, we're looking forward to hearing from you. 

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Spencert1
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi, sorry to have to report that we are still getting the pixelation issue.

The pixelation shows itself as a horizontal band across the screen, which disappears after a couple of seconds.

BBC1, ITV, Sky News, Sky Sports News all on HD no problem. But most other HD channels seem to suffer, also noticed it on a few SD channels. If you could check my signal levels out it would be much appreciated. Many thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Scottyd73
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I'm having a similar issue only one I have noticed it on so far is channel 4 hd which is so bad its unwatchable and have had to change all series link to non hd channel 4.  

Interested to see what solution is advised as I really need this fixed 

0 Kudos
Spencert1
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yes Channel 4 HD is probably one of the worst affected channels, the pixelation shows itself as an approx 50mm wide bar of distortion horizontally across the whole screen, it lasts for a few seconds then disappears for a while.

We have also started to get the issue on Channel 4 +1, which as far as I know is a channel broadcast in SD, so it's not just an HD channel problem for us.

We had a cable re-pull done a few years ago, and am hoping that it isn't a signal issue again as up until the last few months all had been fine.

Will let you know what the solution is.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Spencert1,

Thanks for keeping us updated.

Since you're still experiencing this problem I would like to arrange for one of our engineers to take a closer look.

I'm just going to send you a private message with appointment times which you will find if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

0 Kudos